computer question - legacy keyboard/mouse with tapping sound

zombi

Registered Member
Very difficult to find a thread that discusses about the problems that we often face in computer . Please pardon if there is such a thread.

While starting my computer I often receive a message ' Legacy keyboard' and Legacy Mouse' ,etc before Windows starts up with a tapping sound.
When windows starts up in this fashion , it hangs(mouse and key board stops working) once I press any key .
The problem disappears if i restart .

Find a solution ... !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
You're using an older keyboard/mouse on a newer computer. The popup, which you should have described better, is probably the "bubble" in the bottom right that tells you that Windows is looking for the proper plug and play drivers. "Legacy" is Windows' term for old.

And I don't know what you mean by a tapping sound.

zombi

Registered Member
@DaStevez
Thank you fr your reply
I told the 'Legacy Keyboard' and 'Legacy Mouse 'Notification comes before the Windows starts loading... [Before You Land To Desktop].
I can't get you , because I am using brand new Mouse and Keyboard (Since I bought them 2 months ago) .

The Sound seems to come from CPU speaker.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Then it is installing a "Legacy" driver for your keyboard and mouse when you need a factory driver. Try Googling the name and model number of your keyboard/mouse and finding the manufacturers' web site. The drivers will be either under the "downloads" or "support" section of that web site.

And I've just never heard the bubble described as a tap. It's more of a "pop" to me.. but I think we're on the same page there.