• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Computer Pet Peeves....GRRRRR

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Just while I was posting my last thread, my shift key stuck down. So instead of my scroll wheel going down the page, it made me go back to the last page. Lost all that I typed =P Pissed me of greatly. Also little things like the computer slowing down randomly sometimes. All computers do stupid little things that are annoying. What does your guys's computers do that annoy you. Any stories you wanna share.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Way too many to list and it's not even on mine. It's all my idiot friends who are click happy on things I've seen or find when I have to go and fix the damn things.

What did irk me was when my cell phone threw out the white screen of death and I lost everything.

viLky

ykLiv
- When I'm playing a video game and my mouse freezes for a few seconds to minutes.
- When Anti-Virus pops up when I'm doing something.
- When a ERROR message pops up telling me something I already know, or don't care to know.

Jakey-D

Registered Member
I dunno if any of you guys used Stage6? It was sort of like YouTube but with DivX videos on it. Anyway, when I made the videos full screen my mouse would disappear when it hadn't been moved for a few minutes like it was supposed to. Unfortunately...alot of the time it failed to return when I closed the full screen down. That really got damn annoying after about the 70th odd time. The mouse wouldn't come back until you closed the firefox browser down.

tomdelonge

when your computer decides to update and tells you it's going to restart in 1 minute - what if you're in the middle of something (fortunately, on some computers, you can abort the updates)

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I'd have to say when my router goes beserk and I have to unplug and replug it several times to get my internet p and running again. Other than that, my comp runs pretty smoothly.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
On my husband's computer, his mouse pointer can go beyond the screen. It's very sensitive too. One quick move and I have to find where the eff is the mouse pointer. He said he changed a setting but doesn't know which one exactly. We do want it to become a normal pointer that stays within the screen no matter how much you move to the left,right, top, bottom (it stays on the edge). If anyone has a clue how...let me know, lol.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Sometimes my cursor decides to stay in one place and I have to rattle my mouse around like crazy to get it to move.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
On my husband's computer, his mouse pointer can go beyond the screen. It's very sensitive too. One quick move and I have to find where the eff is the mouse pointer. He said he changed a setting but doesn't know which one exactly. We do want it to become a normal pointer that stays within the screen no matter how much you move to the left,right, top, bottom (it stays on the edge). If anyone has a clue how...let me know, lol.
Do you have a second monitor or something? Because maybe he changed the settings so that your desktop extends onto it or something. Which direction does it dissappear to?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
It disappears in the direction you put your mouse. Example, if you go up it can get out of the screen on the top instead of just staying on the top edge of the screen. He just forgot which setting he opened/changed when he allowed such to happen. *dork*