• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Computer Graphics vs. Traditional Art

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
What I like about computer programs with paint is that you don't make a mess at all. Even better: you can undo your mistake and try it again:nod:. You even have options to darken the brightness a bit.

For regular paint, it's very messy; but it can be used as practice if you want to do something professional in the arts. :nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It's not that hard to 'fix' some mistakes while painting. Granted it's not as easy as a PC but the two certainly require slightly different skillsets if you ask me.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think that a mistake in certain art forms, like sculpting, can ruin an entire piece. If you make an error in a 3D application you can easily fix it. I can also see how a drawing or painting can be ruined by errant brushstrokes. It would be easier to fix on a PC but there's an inherent beauty to works of art created by hand.