Components of Love

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by EllyDicious, Jun 24, 2009.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

What are they?
    to what extent is obsession? to what extent is brain? to what extent is heart? love just happens? or it's what you tell to yourself?

i think love is not just heart ... and i don't believe in "because my heart told me so".
    i recalled a saying "Love is when your heart & mind see in the same direction".
    i think that's true. it means love has also a logic, not just a heart.

i think it doesn't just happen....i think it's what you psychologically tell to your brain. :shifteyes:

2. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

For a second it sounded like you were asking for love as if it was a recipe. heh.

Anyways what you say does make sense.

For me however there's more to the equation. What I feel is only half of it; the other half is how the other person feels. If we're not on the same wavelength as to where we stand in the relationship than the feeling of love is useless.

Aside from that in order to reach half of that plateau to begin with I need to feel secure with the person. I'd want to put my trust, loyalty and commitment to someone who'd return the favor.

Like I said, I think what you said is only half of the equation.

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

well...i think you may love someone though you're not in a relationship with her.
    love is not obligated and just because the other person doesn't feel the same way, doesn't mean your love is useless.(well...yeah .. kind of)
    i mean ... you need to understand what she feels in order to know if what you feel is love??
    i guess no. apart from what she feels, yours can be love.
    getting into a relationship and feeling yourself completed, is just another issue.

the question is how do you know it's love? i'm afraid people mostly feel obsessed by that person rather than feel love for them.
    if you stop feeling for her just because she doesn't feel the same way and doesn't want to get in a relationship with you, then that's not love. it's just obsession or something similar.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

To me, love requires two major components: honesty and respect. If you don't have one of those things, the relationship will fail.

Love itself however, is when your happiness depends on somebody else's. Simply put, it means feeling deep compassion for another person so far that their emotions affect yours.