• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Complaining to front facing customer services

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
We have had a discussion I am sure about complaining over the phone in the past but not so far as I know front facing. What brings this on was I watching Airline in the gym yesterday and a man and women were not happy as their flights had been delayed. Now I understand they were upset, I understand their flights had been delayed but the way the man and women were shouting at the guy behind the desk was disgusting and I would hope that had I been there I would have stood up for the man just trying to do his job.

The other thing I thought about was that if that were me and I saw myself being that much of a p**ck to someone I would ask for it to be cut from the show just for sheer embarrassment of how much of a p**ck I was being.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Yeah, it really gets to me too. What do they think i'tll accomplish. The clerk can't make the flight magically reappear. Perhaps a compensation is in order, but besides that, shit happens. There are times when a CS person is cavalier or unhelpful or won't go get the answer that I will get insistant with them. Other times when a totally reasonable business practice is being overlooked, I am very tenacious to get someone to acknowledge my viewpoint.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I complain over the phone when something goes wrong with the services I'm offered at home, starting from the Internet to TV and so on.
Complaining of the phone is not all that bad. You can be given a few solutions [and most of the times has worked for me] so I don't see anything wrong with that.

However, I think people should be well-mannered and behaved when complaining to the costumer service. At the end it's not their fault if the service is not working. Yelling is definitely wrong.

So, no matter what you complain about, it's how you complain.

Urstadt

Registered Member
Yeah, I hear ya man. And I think about those things a lot, too. I always wonder if the situation was different, would I have acted the same?

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
As someone who works in a department store I have to deal with this sort of shit all the time.

"Why aren't there more pink radios?"

"Why is it on display if it's out of stock?"

"I bought this from somewhere else, can you help me fix it? What do you mean NO?"

So I always try to be patient and understanding when I'm on the other side of it. If I have to complain I'll do it calmly and politely. Unfortunately some people think they can only make a point at the top their voice.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm very very reserved about complaining to Customer Service agents. Unless they are directly and I mean DIRECTLY causing my frustration, I always take into consideration that my initial problem, the reason I'm calling them.... isnt their fault.

However if they cop attitude with me, passing blame, or are otherwise unprofessional. I have no issues with reacting back.

Something like an Airline being delayed... thats not the Customer Service Agents fault...so it always pisses me off to see consumers being rude to the agents of the Airline. As if those Agents have it out for them and purposely delayed the plane :hah:

Sometimes Patience is just a virtue not present at the Customer Service Desk.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
As someone who works in a department store I have to deal with this sort of shit all the time.

"Why aren't there more pink radios?"

"Why is it on display if it's out of stock?"

"I bought this from somewhere else, can you help me fix it? What do you mean NO?"

So I always try to be patient and understanding when I'm on the other side of it. If I have to complain I'll do it calmly and politely. Unfortunately some people think they can only make a point at the top their voice.
I'm in the same boat only I'm in a management position so this sort of shit gets even worse because people see the title and think I can give them things or they try and get freebies and discounts. To put it simply, there are a lot of lazy, mean, stupid and rude people and many of them will not listen to rationality. There are however, a lot of genuinely nice and respectable people, too but even if you meet a hundred of them you'll always remember the one asshole. So just keep those nice ones in mind.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Since I am in customer service I try and put myself in their position when I'm on the other end of the spectrum there.

I've been yelled at via phone, email and in face to face encounters and it's never fun. So for myself I try to be conscious of that. It also helps I don't have a confrontational personality so rarely would you see me yell like that.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
Its not like the guy behind the desk flipped a switch to make the plane be delayed.

I would have said something to if I had been there, total ignorance on the customers fault, what morons.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Its not like the guy behind the desk flipped a switch to make the plane be delayed.
Yeah thats totally my feelings on the matter also. After terminal hopping, I got to see it alot. There is always one or two people per gate that clearly show the fact that they think its all about them and nobody else is on that plane.

The Egocentricity is such a disease.