• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Competitors?

technoflutemom

Registered Member
I am gearing up for my first race (running) in a few years (kids and all). I love competing because I feel it gives me a deadline to work toward. Also, I find I eat better and work out harder when I am training for an event. Does anyone else compete?

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I can say .....Nope not me..I do all the sports stuff just for fun and to remind myself that i'm still alive.

I used to compete in Martial Arts and surfing when I was in my early 20's.
Now that i'm 35 I only have the time for fun, work and kids take all the rest of my time.
But I know I will be the only old fart out boarding in the sunny afternoon while all the sk8 rats have to be in school. :D

Life is training, For what I have no clue! :lol:

technoflutemom

Registered Member
You must have more self-motivation than me! If I weren't afraid of not being able to perform at the next event, I would never get off my butt and do anything. I'm all about external validation and should probably be in therapy :p

tater03

Registered Member
I don't compete perse. I do run for various charity's at times but I don't do it as a form of competeing. With me it is more of a hobby and trying to finish a whole race.

nangel78

Registered Member
I plan on doing more runs this year. My friend and I are going to run on Wednesdays after I return from my vacation.

dDave

V.I.P.
I compete in multiple running events every month. Some races that I do are 10K, 5K, 3200, 1600, 800, 400, 200, and 100. I am basically an all around runner and am very experienced with most of my races. I don't run the 10K or the 3200 regularly but I do run them sometimes. Everything else including 5K is completely normal for me to run at least once a week though at least.