• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Company Of Thieves

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
A few months ago I came across this track:

YouTube - ‪Company Of Thieves - Oscar Wilde (Video)‬‏

I was immediately hooked and got my hands on the full album Ordinary Riches which completely won me over. Is anyone else familiar with these guys? I love the singers voice.

This song is great too.

YouTube - ‪Even in the Dark (lyrics)- Company of Thieves‬‏

They're second album was released just over a week ago and it's winging it's way to my post box as I type. I'd recommend this band to anyone who likes strong female vocalists. Go on, check 'em out.

Impact

V.I.P.
I think we have a very different idea of what a strong female vocalist is :lol:

I gave them a listen but I was already biased against them going in because i'm not really a fan of female vocalists. I was pleasantly surprised though. I mean, I didn't love them but I would probably listen to them again. Kinda fall into the same category for me as Florence & the Machine do. Also, I preferred the first song to the second one.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I think we have a very different idea of what a strong female vocalist is :lol:
I know it's kinda breathy but she sure can belt out a chorus :lol: I'm glad you didn't totally hate them anyway. I'm not big on many bands with a female front runner either. I think the major exceptions are Metric, Yeah Yeah Yeah's and these. My friend used to love Arch enemy and I couldn't believe it was a woman :lol:

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
Yeah, i'm still to this day amazed every time I hear Arch Enemy that their vocalist is female. Blows me away, and she's pretty small too. Crazy how she can scream like that. Apart from Angela Gossow, Lzzy Hale from Halestorm is the only other female vocalist I really like. Anneke Van Giersbergen is pretty damn amazing, but i've only just started listening to stuff with her.

But anyway, going off topic (I can rant for days about my dislike of female vocalists :lol:). But yeah, I may actually check out some more stuff by Company of Thieves when i'm in the mood for some mellower stuff.