• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Community Season 5?!

Rehmo

Not sure how many people are fans of the show Community, but I for one regard it as my favourite show. I just wanted to see how people feel about it coming back for a 5th season, without Pierce (Chevy Chase) or Donald Glover (well hell be there but only for 5 of the episodes). Has the show's spotlight run out?

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Honestly, I'm not THAT excited because a) no Pierce and Troy and b) the show has seriously gone downhill since Season 4. It's nowhere near as funny as it was back during Season 1 and 2. I know most people hate Chevy Chase because he's a douchebag who destroys everything he touches and he was the reason for Dan Harmon's departure, but that still doesn't change the fact that he played Pierce brilliantly. I'll still watch it because I love Abed and Britta, but like I said, not really the same as it was during the first few seasons.

I'm not too bummed about Donald Glover leaving since I know I can always look forward to his albums and he is pretty prominent on the stand-up circuit.

Rehmo

Bubbles said:
Honestly, I'm not THAT excited because a) no Pierce and Troy and b) the show has seriously gone downhill since Season 4. It's nowhere near as funny as it was back during Season 1 and 2. I know most people hate Chevy Chase because he's a douchebag who destroys everything he touches and he was the reason for Dan Harmon's departure, but that still doesn't change the fact that he played Pierce brilliantly. I'll still watch it because I love Abed and Britta, but like I said, not really the same as it was during the first few seasons.

I'm not too bummed about Donald Glover leaving since I know I can always look forward to his albums and he is pretty prominent on the stand-up circuit.
What I was shocked at the most is that you're a Britta fan.. ha but ya what i think pisses me off is Chevy not wanting to play a "racist old guy", and mainly I think its because he doesn't wanna be looked at like that. I will miss Allison Brie alot (shes amazing and would probably do terrible things just to meet her), but I have a feeling that she wont be outta work long after Community (and yes I am aware shes on Mad Men, but i ment in a starring role).

But ya the show has taken a Simpson's like plunge since 1,2,3 and the old recycling of plot lines is my main issue. I do still enjoy watching it Chang, Abed, and Jeff are always good for a laugh and no to mention the Dean haha.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Haha. Everyone I know absolutely hates Britta except me. Her pronunciation of the word "bagel" has provided me with many hours of laughter so I find it difficult to hate her :lol:

Also, I'm kinda surprised that Chevy Chase thinks that his fans can't differentiate between an actor and his character. Like, I can understand being uncomfortable with playing a major racist character, like say... Derek Vinyard from American History X, but Pierce wasn't even that big of a racist since he had a thing for Shirley and also the second closest friendship with Troy after Abed. It's kinda sad that he can't stick with anything when there's a good thing going. *coughSNLcough* Oh well.

I've had the Modern Warfare episode saved on my DVR for over a year now and I refuse to delete it since I believe it's Community's BEST episode ever. Hopefully they can recreate some of that awesomeness in season 5.

Rehmo

Ya its almost makes me think he is a closet racist. Britta is like the Meg :p of that show... she provides a target for everyone else to unleash on her

Sherlander

I stopped liking this show half way through season 2. I'm attached though so I'll keep watching until it's over.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Who watched the first two episodes?

You can definitely tell Harmon is back.

I thought they were both entertaining. I got some good laughs. Probably more in those two episodes than all of season 4.

I loved that they referred to it as the "gas leak year".

Konshentz

Konshentz
Anyone watch the 5th and quite possibly last Troy Barnes episode? I thought it was pretty good. It sucked seeing him go, but I thought they did it in a way that fit with the oddness of Community.

Basic Intergluteal Numismatics a.k.a. The Ass-Crack Bandit episode is still the best of the season (and maybe the series) so far.

TCtheMovie

Community is my favorite show and has been for quite some time. I wasn't crazy about Season 4 and was skeptical of a 5th. Pierce and Troy were my favorite characters. So far, I've been surprised. I've really enjoyed every episode so far this season, even without those characters. By the way, I find Britta hilarious.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I regret not taking Bubbles advice sooner. Not only is she beautiful and funny, but she has great taste in TV. I'm only on the 5th episode but I love Community. Abed is awesome! I am a whore for not listening to Bubbles sooner. She's always right and I'm always wrong. I love you, Bubbles! Marry me?