Committing suicide

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by snowflake, Dec 23, 2008.

?

Brave or Coward

Poll closed Feb 11, 2009.
  1. Brave

9.1%
  2. Coward

54.5%
  3. Unsure

36.4%
  1. snowflake

snowflake Registered Member

I used to think this was brave , a brave why out of your problems, now I see it as a cowards way out !!

The majority of people who kill themselves suffer from depression that is often undiagnosed and untreated.

If you killed yourself, your death will hurt many people, emotionally and mentally. But think about the people you are leaving behind. Think about the person that finds the body!
    Could this be a child. Will if effect the child for the rest of it's life !

Your family and friends always wondering why, why you couldn’t talk to them!!

Do you think by committing suicide.. U will be brave or a coward.?

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Both. Its brave in the sense that it takes a hell of a lot of doing. Its only cowardly if you think commiting sucicide is wrong in the first place.. it is their choice and their right if they want to end their own life.
    However, I agree that the people they leave behind will be forever scarred. I personally could never ever bring that upon the people I love, I just couldn't. But then again, I don't know how it feels to be at such a low, suicidal point, so I can't really comment.
    In terms of escaping your problems, I see it as more of a cowardly way out of life. But the actual act of killing yourself is actually pretty brave, in some sense. In the sense that you have to have guts.
    I assume you're not asking for an opinion on whether its right or wrong? Just if its brave or cowardly, right?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  3. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

Achmed the dead terrorist thought it was a good idea at the time.
    [You can YouTube 'Achmed the dead terrorist,' I didn't want to go o.t.t with a link]

Suicide is a selfish act, however, it comes from an illness. This is a time of year when a lot of people will commit suicide or contemplate it. Their are always people that can and will help. Seek such people. Their are people that will be evil and nasty and coax you or tell you that you are talking rubbish, but ignore them, block them and just seek the help 'needed.'

Many people that were talked out of suicide are glad they were talked out of it.

My best friend took his own life just a few short years ago, it does devastate whole communities, and people feel sorry for those left behind, and to a degree, feel sorry for you too, but it's better they feel sorry for you for feeling down than they are for feeling sorry for you for being dead.
    Life on Earth isn't long. You are a long time dead.

4. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

I think its a little bit of both. I only think its brave because if you were going to go through with it you must have some strength left. Otherwise, I think its someone running away from their problems.

5. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

It's a cowards way out, things happen for a reason and you need to battle it out no matter how hard it is and think of the people that you're leaving behind, they love you and they'll help you through the dilemma your going through and that'll make you even harder.

I've had throughts of killing myself, but I didn't really have the guts to, because I don't want to hurt the people that I love.

6. DinoFlintstone

I should have said, I think their is no bravery at all whatsoever in taking your life. It's easy to kill yourself, it doesn't [usually] take long then your lights go out, that's if the suicide attempt works. Many have been known to fail a suicide attempt and left with a lifetime of pain and/or disfigurement. The only Brave people in suicide are the dear Souls left behind and have no choice but to learn to cope, but they do learn, and they battle through it until then end of their natural days. Suicide is the cowards way out. We can still love and pitty someone for being a coward. You don't always have to be a coward, and in-fact, if you contemplate suicide, but pull through and choose to live, then you were never a coward, and though things are so low and you pulled through, then that makes you about as brave as you can get.

7. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

What about those with a life-crushing depression? Do you know what that feels like and what it can do to you? (You don't have to answer that btw) If not, I don't think one can comment on 'battling it out'. If so, then I'm sorry to hear it.
    What about those with no family or friends, if they take their life, is that still a cowards way out even though they aren't leaving anyone behind?

This was very steerpike of me :lol:

8. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

Not only is suicide very very cowardly it's also extremely selfish and self-righteous.

You leave behind the one's who truly care for you to pick up the pieces all because you couldn't deal with what was on your plate no matter how hard it was. I can't be kind about this. People who commit suicide are thinking only of themselves when they do it and deluding themselves into believing the "world would be better off without me" attitude which is one of the biggest cop out excuses.

It does nothing more than "end" (debatable) your suffering in reality by creating suffering for others. I feel little to no pity to those who make that choice.

9. snowflake

snowflake Registered Member

What about the person/persons that find him/her. What if it's a child. The suicidle person could be ruining this persons life. The image of finding someone .. say hung... could haunt them for the rest of there lifes.

10. DinoFlintstone

I know for sure, and it's very painful, but if you can't fight for you [which I can't], then fight for those that love you.

Just because you don't know it, you are always leaving someone behind, you are hurting someone.
    To be thinking about it, your life is not ever yet, so their is still time for someone to find you to love you, or you to find and love them.