• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

commercials - xbox 360 vs gameboy micro

Wrecked

Registered Member
GameBoy Micro Commercial

Xbox 360 Commercial
- go down to "banned tv spot" -

first off, i think censorship is going too far. eff censorship. eff the FCC.

when it comes to movies, it's always "sex" that makes the movie get an adult rating [ R, NC-17 ], not the violence [ or language ]. you can show a guy get shot by a handgun [ or have them say a crap load of dirty/naughty words ], but if you show male frontal nudity [ which is the worse kind in the MPAA's eyes ] for a secord or 2, the rating changes dramatically.

so in short, sex is worse than violence in the movie world [ MPAA ].

so why did the xbox commercial get banned and not the gameboy one? they didn't even have real weapons in the xbox commercial. and in the gameboy commercial, the mouse was thrusting pretty hard.

if it were up to me, neither would be banned, but if i had to ban one, it would have to be the GB micro one.

the original xbox was focused more to the adult crowd. i forget the age range but i think it was like "males 17-34". so the commercial should be fine, especially since there is no real guns or blood.

the GB is focused more towards kids. and the micro is especially kid friendly [ with it's tiny size ]. and i don't think a commercial like that should be viewed by kids. i'm not saying sex with inanimate objects is bad/wrong, but from a marketing view it is. they should have put it in the light of "look how cool and small this is! it fits in my pocket so nicely! cool cool cool, small small small" and not "the micro is so sexy, even a mouse would **** it".
plus the stupid kids would probably try having sex with their micro [ callback joke ].

the gameboy thing didn't come out as well as i thought it would when i was thinking about it but i think you get my point.

anyways, what do you guys think?
1 - ban none? ban all? ban one?
2 - if you had to ban one, which one would it be.

[ note - MPAA stands for "Motion Picture Association of America", they're a group of old people that review movies and give them a rating [ G, PG-13, R, etc ] based on their stupid morals or some bull crap ]

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
They're both pretty funny and I don't think either of them should be banned. If anyone is offended by stuff like that, then they've got some major problems. 0.01% of the country shouldn't be allowed to ruin everything for the other 99.99% that have a sense of humor and don't get offended by every little thing.

It's funny how they can show murder and all kinds of violence on TV, but as soon as they show part of a nipple everybody freaks out. This country is so screwed up.

ltk9492

Registered Member
i couldn't see either of the two, but ive seen a 360 commercial... Is it the one with the airport and everyone uses their fingers as guns? if it is, that is funny and shouldn't be not allowed.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Personally, I think the 360 one is loads funnier. Also, the Micro one is supposedly only shown in Canada.

I'd say ban the Micro one simply because little kids would end up seeing it. But the fake gunfight? No freaking way. That's like people censoring history lessons in 1st grade by saying that all that happened was "Hitler called people dumb." Plus, it's completely fake. I've seen plenty worse in G rated movies.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Gamechamp said:
But the fake gunfight? No freaking way. That's like people censoring history lessons in 1st grade by saying that all that happened was "Hitler called people dumb."
Oh my god you have absolutely no idea how dumb people are and would actually do that because they can't tell the difference between observation and opinion. It's sickening how much human trash we have around here these days and how many people would play down to those LCDs.

God dammit! I said I wasn't going to rant until the rant topic was voted on. Now I've gone right straight into topic number 3! Got dshidhhsshit tahadammit/[email protected]!!! grr..1!!!! :rant:

ltk9492

Registered Member
there was a little kid running around walmart like that, yelling BANG BANG BANG BOOM YOUR DEAD hahahahahahah *then runs in fear.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Actually, there was a little kid who went around doing that with just his fingers, then he went up to real polica officer and said "Bang you're dead!" while point at him with his hand. Ofcourse, the smart officer, realising a small child was pointing a gun-shaped hand at him, shot and killed the kid.

So, this may have something to do with why it wasn't allowed, so dumb people with guns don't shoot other dumb people/people who don't know any better when the latter shoots at them with their hand.

Wrecked

Registered Member
Gamechamp said:
Actually, there was a little kid who went around doing that with just his fingers, then he went up to real polica officer and said "Bang you're dead!" while point at him with his hand. Ofcourse, the smart officer, realising a small child was pointing a gun-shaped hand at him, shot and killed the kid.
are you serious? and you said "polica", so did it happened in Mexico? maybe the officer thought the kid was a robot and was pointing his finely tuned laser finger at him. either way, that officer was probably having a really bad day.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Actually, it was a typo... which I think happened too long ago to edit. I don't know where it took place. I just know it happened. Though, a water gun seems more likely... in fact, now that I think about it, maybe I misheard what I was told and it was a water gun. Either way, impressionable kids who saw the commercial might do the same thing with water guns, or even worse discover Uncle Billy-Joe-Bob's shotgun and think it's a big water gun.