comments on Simon's suspension last season, after high-sticking Hollweg

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Slippery Jim, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Slippery Jim

Slippery Jim Guest

none from me yet. I'm waiting for others.

2. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

The slash was just not what the NHL needed. Today's game is really marked with the fact that it promotes a lot of violence in the eyes of some people. Right now a game in Canada is rated PG. Come on people! What is wrong with it. It's Canada's game and because of jerks like Simon people are trying to take that away from us. I think Simon got off half easy.

3. Slippery Jim

Slippery Jim Guest

it wouldn't be rated PG here (Canada), not with our ratings. They rated all three Pirates of the Carribean movies PG while the U.S. rated them PG13.

Anyway, I'm totally with you on what you say about Simon. I looked in the paper a few days later, and Simon claimed that he had suffered a concussion. LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
    I mean, does he really expect us to believe him! He was just covering for himself, cause he just made himself look violent and stupid! And (like andrew_bishop said) in some peoples eyes, he made the game look that way too.

Chris Simon, i wish you could hear me say that you are one of the most stupid, violent and useless players, ever to play (disgrace yourself is actually more like it) in this league.

4. andrew_bishop

It's not really a issue dealing with Simon himself its an issue that deals with the morals of the game. If you can not control yourself enough to admit that you just got checked , If you can't keep a leg up and skate back to that bench and play better on the next shift then you should not be out there. There is a fine line between brutality and unsportsmanship. We hate to see either but its not even close what Simon did. He took brutality to the next level. He is not the kind of guy we need in the NHL. The NHL is not full of these guys and for a damn good reason.

5. Slippery Jim

Slippery Jim Guest

He can't even score anyway. He does nothing for New York, except waste their money. The islanders were lucky that Simon got suspended.

6. andrew_bishop

Well I disagree in the sense that he does nothing. I think that he plays a good role on the last line and despite his lack of scoring ability he sure does have one hell of a check and he can lay some big hits to protect his top guys and at the same time prevent the other teams stars from making something happen.

7. Slippery Jim

Slippery Jim Guest

Well, you've probably seen more of him than me, so maybe you're right, but I can tell you, with the way he plays in my NHL 07 game, he does nothing. he's big enough to check someone, but too slow to.

8. andrew_bishop

For a time with the Caps he had some strong strides and I thought he would eventually be a top liner for them. Such was not the case however and now he sees himself in the center of the hockey controversey. Simon had no right to do what he did , Under no circumstances should a player do that but I guess its to late to say anything now. But at the same time this is what Simon could use to try and get back on track. All he needs to do is simply focus on scoring and being a threat for his team and not doing shit like this and getting himself a bad rep around the league.

9. Slippery Jim

Slippery Jim Guest

I just can't believe he'd be so immature and bad-tempered at that age. Imagine little kids, watching what he did and seeing that stupid and (to them) scary look on his face. They might have been on their way to liking hockey and then, see that, their parents ban them from watching it. It's just so sad and infuriating to think of how he could have done this to make some paranoid (and strange) people, afraid of it. It's almost as sad as as Bobby Orr's premature career end, when he was 29 (i think it was 29).

10. andrew_bishop

The game will always have those people who seemingly are hell bent on being morons and just hitmen trying to get by. Every team has them and I think the only way really to make them stop is to get into the middle of things and show that this kind of stuff will not be tolerated under any circumstances but of course Gary Bettmen Mr.F&#K Up himself does basically nothing against him. It's about time we got somebody with a grain of sense to run the league before he runs it into the ground.