• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games Comment on my Steam Games

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Just out of curiosity, here are all the games in my Steam library. I'm interested in what people think. Whether I have some good games that are some of your favourites or whether they are all just crap, either way I don't mind.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
You get started off on Steam via the Orange Box? Good call.

Audiosurf - is all right. There are a lot of those type of games popping up now.

Blur - I don't know, I don't play racing games. Looks pretty though.

Darksiders - On my Wishlist.

Deathspank - Done by the same dudes who did Torchlight if I recall. It looks pretty good.

Defense Grid - One of my all-time favourites! Tower Defense ftw. I got all 4 of the mappacks.

Deus Ex - A classic.

Oblivion - I didn't care for much, but also a classic. I find myself buying them too when they are on sale for like $2.

Greed? - No idea.

HL & HL2 - full of win. I probably played HL2 through 3 times or more.

Just Cause 2 - Didn't interest me.

King's Bounty - It looked a bit girly, but I was really close to picking it up on sale, then I think I read it was turn-based? Maybe. Anyways, something spooked me at the last minute.

King Arthur - No clue.

Lara Craft - No clue.

Machinarium - been on my wishlist for ages! I was going to buy it, then I decided on going back to WoW, which I regret a few weeks later.

Plants vs. Zombies - been a fan since day one. It's widely popular now. There's even a mini-game in WoW for it.

Portal - epic.

I can't make out the others, except for TF which I don't play.

Torchlight was pretty fun going through once. I had a level 42 summoner Alch, and various others.

World of Goo - <3333333 such an inspirational game.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Deathspank - Done by the same dudes who did Torchlight if I recall. It looks pretty good.
Na, this is from the guys who did Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, and also Ron Gilbert. As in Ron "Maniac Mansion & Monkey Island" Gilbert.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Ahhh, okay.

Also, I realized there was no TF2 in that list so it wasn't Orange Box?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Alright, let's see...

Audiosurf: Fun, I played a little bit of it. Reminds me a little of Vib Ribbon, only with less line art.
Blur: No clue. The last racing game I recall playing was Split Second: Velocity in a game store.
Darksiders: All I know about it gameplay wise is that it's a God of War clone.
Deathspank: Something I want to try out partially because it looks good, and partially because I seem to have an urge to try anything made by the original developers of the Monkey Island series.
Defence Grid: No goddamned clue...
Deus Ex: Great game, as long as you can look past the dated graphics
Deus Ex Invisible War: Ignore what others will tell you, this is actually a decent game. What most people tend to do is instinctively compare it to Deus Ex and then call it shit.
Oblivion: Decent enough. Really hate how levelling up works though, I usually end up modding that out of the game so that I don't end up fighting bandits with glass armour.
Greed Corp: Once again, no clue.
Half Life series: Good set of games, I'm waiting for Episode 3 to come out. I hear it's expected to come out when the universe collapses in on itself.
Blue Shift & Opposing Force: For some reason, I can never bring myself to complete these...still, fun games.
King's Bounty set: Didn't really interest me. The only thing Heroes of Might & Magic related I was ever interested in playing was Dark Messiah.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light: Have to say, it is a very different game compared to the Tomb Raider series. But from the demo I've played, it's enjoyable.
Machinarium: No clue. I recall wanting to check it out, but right now? I can recall nothing about it.
Plants vs Zombies: Seems alright, if that's your sort of game.
Portal: Very fun puzzle game. Not much more to be said.
Super Meat Boy: A game created by a set of developers who, when condemned and parodied by PETA, parody them right back by making a completely useless playable character? That gets a sticker in my book. Played the original flash game, loved it. Really want to play this one too.
Swords & Soldiers: Never heard of it.
Team Fortress: Not really sure. I only ever played the original once. I'm more of a TF2 guy.
Torchlight: A fun Diablo clone. Worth playing while you wait for Diablo 3.
World of Goo: Also fun.

Also, Adam? Where the hell is King Arthur? Because I have that myself, and I don't see it there.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Ohhh, that was another King's Bounty expansion lolo. I got my King's mixed up.

Anyways, Crouton, you can add me to your buddy list on Steam if you like.

I'm adamstone945

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yeah it wasn't The Orange Box pack, I just bought a load of games in the Christmas sale. Also Adam I would add you but I'm still newish to Steam and I'm not sure how to add people. The friends I have on there so far have added me, not the other way around.

Thanks for the feedback.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Yeah, that's what I regret. I would have had 15-20 more games but the WoW expansion came out just before Christmas and I diverted funds to give that a go. Wish I hadn't.

And Storm and myself are both Adam. Everyone calls him Storm though. As for adding folks to Steam, look for friends at the top, click, Add Friend. I can do my best to help with any Steam-related questions you might have there, or here.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Accepted.

It's not that I don't like Cata, it's I just that I only like raiding. Having to log in and wait 45 minutes to just run 5mans, it's not something I can tolerate doing. I have no core 10 man groups and I got tired of looking. I enjoy the fact it's much more difficult, but that just makes people bitch more.

You should be able to view my games now.