PC Games command and conquer generals..

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by BigBlue, Aug 17, 2006.

1. BigBlue

BigBlue ----------------------

anyone play it, either it or the expansion zero hour??
    I think its a fun game, graphics is preety good along with the explosions and everything and I love the gameplay and online options..

its a strategy game BTW on modern/future war stuff..

2. Mecha

Mecha Guest

I've played CnC Generals: Zero Hour a good bit. It is good, but it is lacking (mods help polish it greatly). From instablity to simple unbalancing, the game could have been asolutely great, but is only "good" to "iota above average" all things considered.

Fuck EA.

~Mecha << Strategy King of FC

3. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I actually like most of its departures from original CnC and the RA timeline (gameplay-wise, the story was superior then), but of course it's a flawed game out of the box, especially online.

I play 2v2 online with a friend, and we have a good time in it all, though assuming you get a fair game it's either dogmatic rush tactics or wily cunning (the latter much less). EA makes a bad RTS given their business model.

Kaz

4. patkick

patkick #21

I played it. Mostly skirmish and then I'd capture all those oil derricks and wreak some havoc with all that money. There's just one thing, those oneliners aren't as funny as those of RA 2.

5. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Well it wasn't Westwood, and they really changed the whole focus of things. Plus generally the RA storyline was much more campy that Generals or Tiberium.

Kaz

6. I don't really think that Generals had a story line. The "plot" were a series of excuses why the battles where taking place in China, Kyrgzstan, Kazakhstan, etc. If everything was set in China (maybe Sinkiang, with all the muslim influence) or in its periphery, the game would be largely identical.

Red Alert definitely had a plot, though I can't say I was too thrilled. For one, I'd have liked to see Soviet and American armies dueling it out on nuclear wasteland after a nuke exchange.

And overseas invasions of America: well, let's say they're very implausible for the 20th centuries.

7. Redem

Redem Guest

(Try to have interesting story with battleground in Kygzstan, Kazakhstan or any of the other Central Asian country, it's harder than it look)

Anyway that was a joke but I kinda agree with most of you

I played, original c&c, tiberian sun, renegade and both red alert.

The only missing is general cause I had the bad luck of buying Command and Conquer : the first decade (it's the only thing I ever regretted to buy) and the game fucked up my dvd player each time I tried to play.

but anyway tiberian wars look interesting

8. I've never played Renegade, but I'm wary of any game that has been adapted from RTS to FPS, or any form of shooter for that matter.

Vice versa, I'm also pessimistic of a Halo RTS I think they're releasing, I think Malificus posted a thread on it a while ago.

9. Redem

Redem Guest

(Well considering that most of the time in Halo human get all their but by the convenant except when master chief around, odd are that it won't a very good game :p )

But renegade pretty good, a rather average + game, I found the solo too quick but the multiplayer good

10. The Abyss

The Abyss Guest

i like the skirmish mode the most. boy is it fun to nuke terrorists. :)