• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Combining threads

shelgarr

Registered Member
My thread topic of reasons people leave forums got combined with a long-ago thread about stay/leaving GF. These are different questions. Not to mention, one is current, one is outdated. Lastly, it matters who originated the thread. I see it as an unnecessary procedure and a bit overkill on the moderating. Some things are better left alone.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
The topic it was merged with is only 2 months old.

'reasons to stay/leave GF' is pretty similiar to 'why would you leave GF' in my opinion. I'm guessing that's why the mods joined them together, so there wouldn't be duplicate threads.

It happens all the times, I wouldn't fret.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Leaving a "forum" is different than leaving "GF". I fret because it's misleading that an old thread was bumped in order to combine topics.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I see your point about one being any forum, and the other specific to GF. I still think their similiar enough to be joined, however, if you want to appeal, simply send a PM to a mod explaining your side of things.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Well I'll admit I won't take it to that level. Feedback is all I intend. Thanks for responding.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
It's pretty common for similiar threads to be joined like that. It keeps noobs from trying to boost their post count by posting 'oh i would only leave GF if I didn't like it' and 'oh I would only leave a forum if I didn't like it' in two seperate threads. A persons reasons' for leaving GF would mostly likely be similiar or the same as reasons they had for leaving any forum. You're welcome for the feedback.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Not to keep this going....but I'm not a noob. I don't care about count. My reason to leave GF would be far different than the 7 other forums I left, and all those reason differed as well. Combining it is just overkill control. I appreciate your feedback, but my intention was to give feedback.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
overkill control...in your opinion :) But yes, thankyou for your feedback as well.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
The threads are the similar enough to be merged. It happens a lot. It isn't really overkill control.

Overkill control is banning any questionable member, locking threads all threads that negatively frame the administration/mods, and moving threads into subtalk regularly if the mod sees them as "irrelevant."

GF has pretty lax rules by comparison even if I disagree with some of them. Most forums would have banned you for complaining.

Also, no one in this thread has accused you of being a noob.

Until now...you are a noob.

Last edited:

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Not to keep this going....but I'm not a noob. I don't care about count. My reason to leave GF would be far different than the 7 other forums I left, and all those reason differed as well. Combining it is just overkill control. I appreciate your feedback, but my intention was to give feedback.
He never said you were the noob. He said noobs will post in both threads to get double credit.