Coloring For Adults

Pepper

Registered Member
I started coloring adult coloring sheets a couple of months ago and I noticed that I really enjoy doing it. It's so relaxing and I feel like it really calms me down when I'm stressed out.

Sophia

Registered Member
Coloring is a great stress reliever Pepper. I love it. I do find that I am overwhelmed by the more intricate designs and prefer the smaller less cluttered ones. I don't think you ever get to old to color.

Keri35

Registered Member
I have to admit that I love coloring! I was so excited to have kids so that I could color again. Now I color just to clear my head. I don't care for those adult coloring books, I color in just regular coloring books.

Impaired

Registered Member
My oldest daughter finds the adult coloring books relaxing. I prefer just to draw. Frankly, I just love coloring with kids and making them laugh by drawing goofy things.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I use to color with my son and really enjoyed it but after he stopped I felt like I was too old to continue doing that. Now that I know adults do it maybe I will take it up again someday when I have more time. I could use something to relieve my stress.

Interis

Registered Member
I can't remember the exact time this adult coloring trend actually started. I used to think that it looked too childish for me, but I tried once out of curiosity and it was pretty fun. We even have apps on phones for mobile coloring. This one is too strange for my taste.

My oldest daughter finds the adult coloring books relaxing. I prefer just to draw. Frankly, I just love coloring with kids and making them laugh by drawing goofy things.
You draw and the children color it. Put a frame on the finished product and hang it in the living room.

Impaired

Registered Member
I can't remember the exact time this adult coloring trend actually started. I used to think that it looked too childish for me, but I tried once out of curiosity and it was pretty fun. We even have apps on phones for mobile coloring. This one is too strange for my taste.

You draw and the children color it. Put a frame on the finished product and hang it in the living room.
They color theirs and I color mine. But I make pictures of crazy creatures, or poops. A picture of a poop is good for a laugh from the little ones.

My wife and I have most of the drawings our kids made and now, grandkids.

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
There are so many wonderful adult coloring books these days! I am a fan of Zendoodle, where I actually create the designs and patterns myself before coloring them, but it all does the same thing which is to relieve stress and put you in an almost meditative state.

Interis

Registered Member
They color theirs and I color mine. But I make pictures of crazy creatures, or poops. A picture of a poop is good for a laugh from the little ones.

My wife and I have most of the drawings our kids made and now, grandkids.
I see. I thought it would be a nice collaboration to try at least once. The kids would probably love to do something special with the parents and then have it displayed like a trophy. At least you can still do it with the grandkids if you want to. Either way, the most important thing is for both sides to have fun.