Colored Rubber Wrist Bands

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Do you like wearing those colored rubber wrist bands that everybody seems to be wearing nowadays?

If so, what types do you wear and are they for causes or just for fun?

I have a few. One is from the One.org organization, another says Pro-Life, and the other says "为中国祈祷" which means "Pray For China", regarding the religious persecution that takes place there. The sad thing about that one is that people in China have been jailed for giving those out.

I think wearing arm bands is kind of cheesy but they make for good conversation starters. It's also kind of a cool way to show your support for various causes instead of a t-shirt or bumper sticker.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I have two on each arms, one is Livestrong which is for Cancer, I have two of them that are quotes from Michael Jordan "Once I get the ball your at my mercy" "I own the guy guarding me" I also have one of the Montreal Canadiens.

I've had them on for about four or so years now, I never take them off.

3. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I used to have two of them but I don't wear them anymore.

One of them was red and black and it was supporting a road safety campain, the other one was white and was to do with abolishing poverty.

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I like them. I used to have a yellow livestrong one years ago when that type first came out (2004 apparently), but I'm a nervous chewer so it lived a sad life, and then gracefully died at the hands of its fate. [scuse pun]

I vaguely remember having white and pink too, but since I learnt I can't be trusted with them I guess they ended up in a drawer somewhere. And I really don't remember what those ones meant.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I wore the Livestrong bracelet for a couple years. I also had a red Ohio State wrist band, but I didn't wear it much cause it was too big for my tiny wrists.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I have to wonder what kind of people the "adult size" wrist bands are intended for. I've never met anybody who wasn't overweight that could fit one of them snugly around their wrist.

It's not like you can to go the gym and work out your wrist muscles. To a degree your forearms are a part of your wrist but even huge body builders generally have thin wrists.

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure the adult size wrist bands are too big for everybody. You just have to wear them loose or wear them higher on your arm I suppose.

7. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

Nowadays... they are like soooo 5 years ago!!!
    :p

Yeah, I used to wear them, but I don't bother now.

When I was younger, I worse lots of friendship bracelets.

8. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Yeah seriously. I had to wear the child size Livestrong wrist band. That fit me perfectly, but then again I have small wrists and it would be too tight for most adults. The adult size is too big for almost everyone though. There should be a medium size.

9. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I've had the Livestrong bracelet on my right wrist for as long as I can remember. I also have two Montreal Canadiens bracelets on my left wrist. I'm pretty hardcore with my Livestrong one(never take it off, and get pretty angry when my GF tries to break it off lol), but the Canadiens ones I take off and change them from time to time.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I used to have one in pink. It was from my other forum - people bought it as support for stepparents. Maybe you should make a gF bracelet, lol.