Colorado Rockies President found dead in hotel

BigBob

Registered Member
Colorado Rockies president Keli McGregor has died in a hotel room in Salt Lake City, police said Tuesday.

Detective Rick Wall said two of McGregor's associates couldn't get in touch with him and that someone entered his room at the hotel in downtown Salt Lake City and found the 48-year-old McGregor unconscious Tuesday morning.

Police were called about 11 a.m. ET and emergency workers arrived on the scene and were unable to revive him.

"There are no signs of foul play. ... Based on the initial investigation [police and fire officials] did not see anything suspicious," Wall said. "There is nothing suspicious. At this point it would look like it was some sort of a natural cause or something along those lines."

Wall said the investigation has been turned over to the medical examiner's office, which will determine the exact cause and time of death.
Sad for a team that started off so well.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's terrible news, he was so young. He probably had a wife and kids as well.

My condolences go out to his family and friends.

May he Rest In Piece.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I know a lot about this guy, but it's just tragic. Just another example of why you need to live life to it's fullest. No day is guaranteed.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Shocking news to say the least. Reminds of Darryl Kile's death just because it was someone so young and it happened in a hotel room.

RIP.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I heard about this earlier tonight. I don't know much about the Rockies and I had never heard of this guy but obviously it's terrible news for the family and fans. :shake:

Unity

Jedi Master
Staff member
I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I know a lot about this guy, but it's just tragic. Just another example of why you need to live life to it's fullest. No day is guaranteed.
Well said.

RIP to the President of a quality baseball franchise.