• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Colorado Flood Rescues Continue

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
LYONS, Colo. — The rescue of Coloradoans stranded by epic mountain flooding accelerated Saturday as debris-filled rivers became muddy seas that extended into towns and farms miles from the Rockies. Authorities expected to find more fatalities when full scope of destruction emerged.

Flood Rescues Continue As Colorado Braces For More Rain
The flooding in Colorado sounds massive. So far 4 people are dead and almost 200 are missing with more rain on the way. I really feel sorry for these people having to deal with this. I hope they have someone they can stay with until it passes and no one else dies.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
I can't remember it ever raining this much here. Luckily I don't live in an area that had flooding. There have also been massive evacuations. We had some flooding some weeks ago, but nothing this bad.

dDave

V.I.P.
I almost posted about this yesterday but didn't think anybody would care (it is local news).

They're calling it a 500 year rain. Parts of the state are experiencing all time record rainfall. Several of my friends (up in Boulder) have been evacuated indefinitely until this situation is resolved.

Manitou Springs is also getting tons of flooding (because of the forest fire they had last year). I was trying to do schoolwork yesterday but the datacenter is apparently based in Manitou and was flooded.

It's a big problem and I really hope that it's resolved soon. Unfortunately there's still plenty of rain in the forecast.

Why couldn't we get all of this rain earlier in the summer when we really needed it (with the fire).

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Local news? Even here in Aus this has been on our nightly TV news for the past few days. It looks awful! I hope all GFers in the area stay safe!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.

dDave

V.I.P.
Yeah it's absolutely crazy.

Check this out. Longmont Colorado Fire Truck driving through flood - YouTube

For reference, those trucks are about 10 feet tall. It's nuts to think that the water is going half way up the windshield! I also can't believe the trucks can run in water that deep, very impressive.

The firefighters are the real heroes in Colorado, honestly, they do so much for all of us.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow that was crazy Dave. I can't imagine how tense it would be driving in water that deep. I think its amazing that truck didn't die. If they would have had to stop the engine may of died. Brave men.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Why couldn't we get all of this rain earlier in the summer when we really needed it (with the fire).
I was just thinking that. Our local lakes still haven't recovered from the fires we had in my part of Texas 2 years ago. They had those crop dusting type planes getting water out of the lake then dumping it over the fires.

danwiz

Registered Member
Thanks for those links Hilander. Some of those are the best coverage that I have seen to date!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.