• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Colombia has a Hippo problem

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
In the 1980s, Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar built himself a zoo, because even brutal gang leaders love fuzzy animals. Escobar smuggled exotic animals into his personal zoo, including one male and three female hippos. Escobar died 20 years ago, leaving his zoo to, well, the animals.

Pablo Escobar's Hippos Run Amok in Colombia
Pablo Escobar has created a really big problem for Columbia even after his death. If they can't interest anyone in hippo burgers considering the problems they are causing they may have to put a bounty on them. Keep one on them until they are all gone. I know some aren't going to like that but they will end up hurting indigenous species.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Make a bigger zoo LOL! Seriously they could build a drive-through Safari Park like the one in our State and attract more tourists. All they need is a few more African animals and he must have had some other animals in his zoo.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Apparently Hippo's are prolific breeders in South America, they start breeding at 3 instead of 7 like they do in Africa. They are getting so many they are a nuisance and zoo's won't take them. They can't send them back to Africa either because they could have some disease specific to South America.

I wouldn't want them here so I wouldn't blame them for just shooting them all.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Kind of glad they didn't do that although that would have been one animal the gators would have had to avoided.
I would have liked to seen the hippo in America and still wonder if it would work. I would love to see a hippo in the wild like that. And apparently, hippo meat is tasty.