• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

College Hoops

F

fatboy

With so many players entering the draft, will the same dominant teams be as dominating next year, and what teams should we look for next year. Will there be any suprise teams that someone might know about that we others haven't heard about.

i would say the hogs will be a suprise team. we have great talent headed this way. a guard coming up from juco that is gonna be heard about all over espn soon. but if ronnie brewer gets drafted, i dont know if we will be able to have the same argument. he entered the draft without an agent. he claims if he doesnt go early in the first he will return to college. ronnie brewer lead the sec in ppg. he is a great talent and could easily go early. do i want him to? well thats bitter sweet. i want him to be successful, but we definitly could use him here. with him i say watch out. woooooo pig sooooeeeee.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ronnie Brewer is a great talent, but I think this years NCAA class will be better then last years, because of the age limit of entering the draft, now you'll have players like Greg Oden, Kevin Durrant, Thadeous Young and Brendan Wright. i think it should make a interesting College basketball year.

I think that the Ohio State will win the NCAA championship next year because of Greg Oden. He's suppose to be the best player to come in the NBA since LeBron James.

F

fatboy

What about Duke and Gonzaga. will they be as dominant. like in the top 7 or 8 teams? Also Florida has most of there team coming back. they should be pretty damn good.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think that Gonzaga will be has dominant because they're losing Adam Morrison and Bautista cannot carry that team. Also Duke you got to remember that JJ Reddick and Sheldon Williams will get drafted this year, they will have to rely heavily on Josh McRoberts this year. I think Top 2 teams will be Ohio State and North Carolina.

T

the.game

^Batista is a senior so basically Gonzaga will be hard pressed to even make the dance. Duke won't be nearly as good as they're really going to miss both the play and the leadership of Redick and Williams and Connecticut will be retooling for future years even if Josh Boone returns. UNC and Ohio State will be very young teams but their talent is unquestionable. Obviously Florida should be the preseason number one as the super sophomores become juniors and they have all the experience they could ever want.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree that Ohio State and UNC will be very young, but the High School kids that are coming are the best in awhile, and like I said Gred Oden is a beast and I can almost guarantee you that Ohio State will win the NCAA Championship.