• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Basketball College Hoops '13-14 season

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The new hoops season is getting ready to start. Teams have already started to play their exhibition games and real games are only about a week away. I think it'll be an exciting season.

It's one of the most talked about freshmen classes in a long time. Kentucky is loaded with them, but Kansas has Andrew Wiggins, who some people are calling the next Lebron.

Then there are teams that are returning a lot of talent from last year, like the defending champs Louisville, and also Michigan State, Michigan, Oklahoma State, and others.

I'm interested in seeing how the new rule changes affect the game. They're not going to be allowing as much contact, which has me worried. I never had much of a problem with low scoring games, and I definitely wouldn't trade higher scores for more fouls and more free throws. But that seems to be what most people want. Meh.

Here's the preseason top 12.

1. Kentucky
2. Michigan State
3. Louisville
4. Duke
5. Kansas
6. Arizona
7. Michigan
8. Oklahoma State
9. Syracuse
10. Florida
11. Ohio State
12. North Carolina

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't hear about any new rules, sounds lame.

One of the reasons its tough for me to keep interested in basketball is when the whistle is consistently blowing and everyone is taking foul shots.

Boring.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Well according to Jay Bilas, the college game has become more physical than the NBA because there are a lot less fouls called, and that shouldn't happen. My question is, why the fuck should we want college basketball to become more like the NBA? College basketball is at an all-time high in terms of its popularity. Personally I like the college game because it's NOT like the NBA. I HATE the NBA.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
A couple of great matchups tomorrow night.

#1 Kentucky vs #2 Michigan State

#4 Duke vs #5 Kansas

These early season games don't mean a whole lot and are rarely indicative of how good a team will be at the end of the year, but I'm looking forward to seeing some of the star freshmen like Julius Randle, Andrew Wiggins, and Jabari Parker. I think Michigan State is really overrated, but they do have experience that could serve them well against Kentucky's youth.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
So much for Kentucky going undefeated. They're going to be great by the end of the year, but they're pretty raw right now. Still extremely hard to beat though. Randle is an absolute monster.

Kansas' win over Duke was pretty impressive. Both teams will probably have a great chance to make the Final Four.

Every game I've watched so far has been extremely hard to watch because of all the fouls. It's really ridiculous. I hate the new rules.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Kentucky lost to Baylor tonight. They're 7-2 now. Can't believe there were Kentucky fans buying "Undefeated" shirts before the season started.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's good to see...I dislike Kentucky a lot.

Mizzou beat UCLA today, so that was cool.