• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

College Draft

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
ESPN did something like this a while back, so I was wondering if there is any interest for one here on GF.

Here is the premise. The NCAA has scrapped all the conferences for the FBS (formerly Div. I-A) and has ordered a complete retooling of the conferences.

They have decided that they will make either a) 4 16-team conferences or b) 6 12-team conferences (depending on how much interest we get). By signing up, you get to be in control of a conference. You can also give your conference a name (after a former college great, legend, etc.)

Each conference will alternate picking programs. There are no geographical rules or anything, every team is fair game. At the end, we will vote on the best fictional conferences based on competition, rivalries, etc.

This is just based on football.

So, who's interested? :)

Echoes
1. Ohio State Buckeyes
2. Florida State Seminoles
3. LSU Tigers
4. Texas A&M Aggies
5. TCU Horned Frogs
6. Iowa Hawkeyes
7. South Carolina Gamecocks
8. Oregon State Beavers
9. Arizona Wildcats

Babe_Ruth
1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
2. Penn State Nittany Lions
3. Tennessee Volunteers
4. Syracuse Orange
5. West Virginia Mountaineers
6. Arizona State Sun Devils
7. Yale Bulldogs
8. Maryland Terrapins
9. Princeton Tigers

BigBob
1. USC Trojans
2. Miami Hurricanes
3. Virginia Tech Hokies
4. Arkansas Razorbacks
5. Boise State Broncos
6. Stanford Cardinal
7. Colorado Buffaloes
8. Appalachian State Mountaineers
9. SMU Mustangs

Millz
1. Oklahoma Sooners
2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
3. Georgia Bulldogs
4. Michigan State Spartans
5. Washington Huskies
6. UCLA Bruins
7. Missouri Tigers
8. Minnesota Golden Gophers

SqueakScolari
1. Florida Gators
2. Texas Longhorns
3. Auburn Tigers
4. Wisconsin Badgers
5. Utah Utes
6. Clemson Tigers
7. Oklahoma State Cowboys
8. Boston College Eagles

Vincent Valentine
1. Alabama Crimson Tide
2. Michigan Wolverines
3. Pittsburgh Panthers
4. Oregon Ducks
5. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
6. BYU Cougars
7. Navy Midshipmen
8. Mississippi Rebels

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBob

Registered Member
I would be. We use to do shit like this all the time with music, video games and movies. I'm in.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm always up for things like these, if we can get Double V and Millz to join then that would be five people all together(unless we can get someone else)

I think it could be very fun, and help the activity in this season.

Count me in.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Well, we got four people now, including myself. If we can get to six, that would be great, if not, we can do this with four. We will give some people a few days to decide if they want to join before we preceed.

If anyone has ideas or suggestions on how they would like this to run, post them, and we can discuss them.

BigBob

Registered Member
I don't want to do it if it's only 4 people, so we'll get Millz and VV.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Sounds great to me, I agree it will be alot better with 6. We will wait for Millz and VV to confirm they want in and we will get 'er going.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Perfect, that's five, just wait for VV.

I'm swamped in mid terms this week but I will definitely set it up on Friday or Saturday when I got more time.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
Seeing as I can practically feel everyone waiting for me, I'll throw my hat into the ring. Anyone wanna take a wild guess as to what team I want? You'll never be able to guess it.