• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Collections

Bliss

Sally Twit
When it is someone's Birthday, they're leaving, they're pregnant, getting married etc. Do you collect money from everyone in your company and buy them a gift?

Where I work I am always passed so many envelopes with someone's name on and expected to put money in for them. Sometimes I don't even know who they are!
I used to always put £1.00 in every time I got an envelope passed but I noticed I never got to sign the card so the person rarely knew I contributed.
These days I'll only contribute if the person is on my team or if I get on well with them.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Hmm, I've never done it in a business or anything but when I was in High School that's what my group of friends used to do. Every birthday everyone would put in money to buy the person one awesome gift rather than heaps of small things from everyone. For my 18th birthday my friends gave me the 7 seasons box set of Buffy the Vampire Slayer which was awesome. Worth about $200 in stores.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
In this other place where I used to work, our department is very close. We have lunch outs and parties and outings. So when one of our co workers have a special event, it's normal for collections to happen so we can have a collective gift for that person.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
We put together our money for a Christmas gift for my boss so gift wise that's usually it. Although we have had a couple baby showers for employees here as well and we usually go together in with gifts. If a close coworker has a death in the family we'll just all sign a card or something.