• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

collecting

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
How do you people feel about collecting. Up till yesterday I use to but I had to stop. WIth all thes sets that reprint and the crap that has came out since AST and up I just can't do that any more. Now I just keep things that I think are good or jus twant to keep for one reason or another, and collect promos (I just like them). I think collecting is a big waste of time so please tell me your thaughts.

K

KarThief88x

I personally stopped collecting in general and began breaking down my previous sets. The price on Legend of Blue Eyes is no longer anywhere near what it used to be and one of the main reasons for anyone to collect anything is in hopes it will gain in value not devalue itself.

With all the Ultimate Rares now of 17 Rares 7 Super Rares and 4 Ultra Rares, and making it so that you can only acquire the Ultimate Rare version of Rares during Pre-releases or at Retail Stores makes it that much more difficult to collect.

This game is now no longer for the collector but solely for the player. Don't get me wrong, having a game that is made for the player where most cards are easily accessible is not always a bad thing, but also having a game whose cards can only grow in price as time passes is something every game should strive to have.

Frank D.
Team NeXus

G

Gotenks1215

KarThief88x said:
I personally stopped collecting in general and began breaking down my previous sets. The price on Legend of Blue Eyes is no longer anywhere near what it used to be and one of the main reasons for anyone to collect anything is in hopes it will gain in value not devalue itself.

With all the Ultimate Rares now of 17 Rares 7 Super Rares and 4 Ultra Rares, and making it so that you can only acquire the Ultimate Rare version of Rares during Pre-releases or at Retail Stores makes it that much more difficult to collect.

This game is now no longer for the collector but solely for the player. Don't get me wrong, having a game that is made for the player where most cards are easily accessible is not always a bad thing, but also having a game whose cards can only grow in price as time passes is something every game should strive to have.

Frank D.
Team NeXus
Yeah, not even the SJC Prize cards will retain their value for long. Stein is out as a Rare, and Death Vorstagalf will probably be re-released as a mass-produced card at some point as well. I don't think any of the cards in YGO will retain their value through out the entire life of the game. Well, the only ones I can think of that MIGHT have a chance of doing that, are the World Championship cards (Meteo and Uvello or w/e it's name is), which are about one of a kind in the world, given out to the world champion.

K

KillaKidd

I Just get all the stuff i need for my deck in the highest value form Ultimate cyber etc... i really see no point in collecting because everything is getting re printed

K

KarThief88x

I also like to collect Ultimata Rare Version of Cards to put in my deck. Its not that I want the most expensive or the best version of the card, I personally just like the way Ultimate Rares look.

Frank D.
Team NeXus

K

KillaKidd

Thats Wat I Meant Im Onlt A Dekoichi And A Cyber Dragon Short -_- i dont understand y ppl trade godly for cards like DDW and stuff ive seen my friends give

3 cyber d
4 dda
3 wide ruin
5 e.c
and a tp5 decree

for 1 wen i dont even think DDW is good -_-

Vegito728

Registered Member
I have never collected. I have always tried to get all I needed for my deck and whatever extras I had I traded.

K

KillaKidd

Ya I Think Its Stupid But I Do Like Collecting C.C Cards Like Cyber Dragon etc....

G

Gotenks1215

KillaKidd said:
Thats Wat I Meant Im Onlt A Dekoichi And A Cyber Dragon Short -_- i dont understand y ppl trade godly for cards like DDW and stuff ive seen my friends give

3 cyber d
4 dda
3 wide ruin
5 e.c
and a tp5 decree

for 1 wen i dont even think DDW is good -_-
That's because it's not, lol. It's almost a total defensive card, there's too much risk of hitting a faith, deko, merchant, mask, spy, ddwl, or something like that. I'd never trade all of that for 1, not even half of that, but then, it's w/e that guy wants. *shrugs*

M

masterswrd

I know a few ppl who collect and paly and I just think of the money they are wasteing,i mean collecting something is not a bad idea but with all th re-prints that have or will happen it just makes it a fools dream, especially on the older packs, why go for the old stuff that only has a few wanted cards then the new ones which will get the best offers in cards or $$$.