Collecting Hobby Cards

Discussion in 'Cards & Board Games' started by andrew_bishop, Jan 25, 2007.

1. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Hmmm I feel like such an outcast when I say that I just collect hockey cards. I got a good few of them liike 6000 or something and I valued them a few months ago and if I sold now I could get close to $20 , 000 but im gonna hold on for another little while.

2. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

This is where you can discuss your collections of baseball, basketball, football, and hockey cards. Enjoy!

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I went to some basketball camp a long time ago, and they gave away basketball cards. You know it's a long time ago because one of the "special" cards waas Shaq in a Laker's uniform during his prime.

4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I have a few basketball, baseball, soccer, football, and hockey cards. Like, around 10 for each. My brother gave them to me. He didn't care about them anymore. ^^;

5. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

i have tons of baseball cards from the mid to late 80s and hockey cards ranging from the 70s to a few years back. I know I have a few money cards in hockey, i can only imagine what i might have in baseball.

6. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Well if you bring it to any sporting store in your area they would give a fair estimate to what you should recieve.

7. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

the closest sports collectors store that i trust is at least an hour away, and i wouldn't know what cards to bring.

8. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Those spaces are disorienting, I almost though you said you'd get $20.

I don't collect hobby cards, partially because I don';t have the money for it, partially because it's not my thing.

9. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

They aren't my thing either. They're cool to have, but I wouldn't go out and buy them myself. They're TRUE collectors' cards. There isn't a game that goes with it. :smile:

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I have to agree there, but I used to love my baseball cards when I was younger. I was jealous of a friend of mine, because he had a Pedro Martinez card that he actually got signed by him.