• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Collecting Funko Pops: Display or Keep Boxed?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I’m not going to lie, I really like Funko Pops. I have several on my mantle in my office, which is fully visible on professional video calls. They are great conversation starters. 😁

Here’s my collection.

CC8B0B4E-CF80-4CEC-9616-E444F7589D3D.jpeg

Do you collect these? If so, do you display them or keep them boxed? Or display them boxed? I love that the boxes aren’t sealed because that allows me to carefully display them while maintaining the condition of the boxes.

I have all the boxes in mint condition too among with doubles of a few of these. Not really into it for the money. I just think these are a fun way to show off some of the movies I’m into.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't collect but I've been tempted to do something similar to what you've done. Unfortunately I can never seem to find a full set that I like.

I do have a burnt Stay-Puft marshmallow man on my desk at work. I miss him. :( I tried to get a set of Ghostbusters to go with him but, for some reason, the store had everyone but Winston.

dDave

V.I.P.
Only one I have is a Pippin funko pop from Lord of the Rings. He lives on my dresser and my wedding ring is watched over him every night while I sleep. I've never felt the need to collect these, they're fairly expensive, otherwise I would.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I have around 20 of them and they are all unboxed. I have them set up around the house. No full sets, just whatever ones interested me at the time. Started with Darth Vader and most recently Dwight Schrute and Jim Halpert. Not sure what will be next. Haha.

dDave

V.I.P.
I have around 20 of them and they are all unboxed. I have them set up around the house. No full sets, just whatever ones interested me at the time. Started with Darth Vader and most recently Dwight Schrute and Jim Halpert. Not sure what will be next. Haha.
Jim and Dwight would be fun.

One Funko pop I always thought would be fun to pick up is George Washington crossing the Delaware. Target Exclusive. I went to Target looking for it but couldn’t find it (guess it was online only?)

I think these are best enjoyed out of the package unless you’re a serious collector.