• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Collect is more than calling

ReasontoBelieve

Registered Member
Hi I wanted to know if there are any collectors around here? Does anyone like to collect any kind of things or items. Things as for example collecting clocks, trains, watches, dolls, horses, pictures, coins stamps, jewelry, glasses, and mugs. Souvenir when traveling etc all such.

Anyone to answer this doesn't have to be a serious collector. . even if you hold on to this as sometimes share your way of collecting of saving things. You can even mention a collection of movies or music compacts. . you can even share someone you know that likes to collect something that captures your interest along with what you collect. Yo may write as to why and any back ground you may have included for example one might say I have a 1947 Captain America comic book I got at so and so comic store in such and such city. Everything does not need detail but it will help the readers to have more enjoyment of your hobby or just random saving things. .

Have fun everyone. Even if you just collect dust there is always room to type away. :nod::D

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've always liked collecting things, mostly old dishes. Right now though its pretty much just fire king although I do have some carnival glass and a few other things. I've been trying not to do that as much as I use to because I am running out of room.

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
Since the 70's I have collected bears. I still love them but like Hilander I have no room and had to stop collecting.

I have been donating them either to hospitals or giving them to Salvation or Goodwill charities.

My very first bear and my most favorite bear will always be mine..those I will not part with because it has sentimental value to me.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I like to think of myself as a collector of musical instruments. I own a harmonica, recorder, two guitars and hopefully a ukulele soon! Everytime I go to garage sales, I'm always looking for instruments. I'd probably buy em if they ever had any. One of these days though, i'll find something. I should prolly look in thrift shops too! I wanna try to collect unique instruments too. Like whatever strikes my fancy. I'd love one day to have a huge collection of various types of instruments, and at least halfly know how to play a lot of em.

dDave

V.I.P.
Things you could say I have collections of.

Coins - I've got some very rare coins. Add on top of that the fact that I have some really hard to find dates for things such as Lincoln Cents, Jefferson Nickels, and Roosevelt Dimes and you know that I collect coins. I've been collecting since I was about 5 and I've managed to fill a lot of coin folders completely. It's a lot more difficult than it sounds to find every penny ever made 1940-1974 from Philadelphia, Denver, and San Francisco. S minted coins are difficult to find in general.

Video Games - You could almost call this just a Nintendo collection but I certainly have other things in there. I've got NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, DS, 3DS XL, XBOX, XBOX 360, PS2, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Sega Game Gear. I also have a fair number of titles for most of those. For some of them (like N64) I have a crazy number of games. I've also got tons of accessories for each of those and in some cases I have spare consoles. The entire gaming industry just fascinates me and I suppose it just makes me feel nostalgic all around, I love it but recently I really haven't played a whole lot.

Legos - Here's something I haven't touched in a long time. I have lots of sets that are considered hard to find. I have tons of Knights Kingdom, Star Wars, Bionicle, and a small amount of Pirate legos. Probably my favorite toy from childhood. I have not added to this collection for quite some time.

brikaben

Registered Member
Collections in our house.

Books - I have a lot of books, I have given away (or swapped) a lot of my books. Right now they are sitting in boxes in my spare room because I don't have any room for them to be displayed.

DVS's - I collect TV series, movies and comedians DVD's.
My partner collects Anime DVD's.

Statues (figurines) - I have 6 Dragons (I only started collecting them last year).
My partner has Anime figures (probably has about 15).

Taliesin

Registered Member
My collection - my pride and joy - is a whole bunch of different graphic novels I've bought over the years consisting of such titles as Love and Rockets by the Hernandez Bros, the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Eastman and Laird, Asterix by Goscinny and Uderzo, Peanuts by Charles Schulz, Moomin by Tove Jansson, and more. I own a treasure trove of pure imagination, and I love it.

ReasontoBelieve

Registered Member
I used to work at long drugs and I was collecting the fifty cent pieces people. We still use sometimes. I would put in my 2 quarters to get that. Unfortunately a roommate in the group home stole my change bottle. . I tried to save coins and end up having to spend them for emergencies. . I was not serious about this as dDave. I was going to start collecting those gold dollar presidents. . I guess I still could if I wanted to. Lots of people were int that state quarter collection. My Grampa was doing that for 2 great grand kids and my sister for the other 2. I did not start for that I needed quarters always for the apartment washing machines. As I said I tried to save my change and it ended up as emergency money. .
It was kind funny though you know. I had a bunch of pennies I brought to the store and other change. I was at the front register counting this out. People were giving me a mean look. . so I bought some wrappers for the coins to make it easier to cash them in. . I have not really been into collecting other things. But I find much interest to those who do collect things and share them.
What dDave had said in his post including the games I remember the Nintendo system . .I played games on that and the Sega system. . I like Sega much better. You may be surprised but I liked Sega better than Sony also. Sega had the kind of games I really like much more. Sony is to real at times that it is more a reality show. . I don't like to be that real. Sega still had a more cartoon look to it. Yet there is no way I can convince these software makers what is best for game playing. they being the trends. Today it is impossible for me to play any game without any sight as sonic the hedge hog. . . I can play word and card games. In one post here in the game section I ask anyone if they want to play spades or hearts. I am a good partner in spades. I will try my best to set these guys up. I am best at nil. I wanted to collect cards also. We used to have a bunch of packs at home.

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
I have collected movies and gave most of them away..
I have been collecting recipes here and there. But I wonder why I do that because I don't get to trying them out all the time :-/

I forgot about collecting coins.. I have some rare ones that I have gotten from both of my parents. I haven't been collecting anymore.

My music collection needs to get narrowed down drastically.
I have also collected small knick knacks that I need to go through soon.

I guess one just doesn't realize that they collect so much until they are reminded of it.:sigh:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I forgot about coins too, I have a few Kennedy half dollars, silver dimes, buffalo nickles, silver certificates and I found a half dime in the horse lot. It's in bad shape could barely tell what it was. I think it was 1890's.