Colin Powell endorses Obama

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by ysabel, Oct 20, 2008.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama for president - Yahoo! News

Do you think his endorsement will have an effect on voter turn out. For example, make Republican centrists or undecideds to vote for Obama?

2. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

Definately. I have no idea what France or the rest of the world thinks of Powell, but he's very well respected in the US.

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I think he is but maybe I'm just comparing it to Bush :lol:. I won't be surprised if even Palin has a better reputation than Bush here. Haha.

Here's a youtube video someone put up related to the endorsement.
    YouTube - Colin Powell: Country First

4. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Funny... what you don't hear is Hillary's top campaign contributor endorses McCain :rolleyes:

Go Google it.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

John Coale? :lol:

So did his endorsement bring "a lot" of Democrats to support McCain?

Is there any one respectable and influential out there who hasn't publicly endorsed any of the candidates yet - and if they did this week, for example, it can affect the voters' decisions?

6. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Depends on who you ask, his opinion doesn't mean squat to me as does a lot of opinions up on the hill.

7. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

No because the media didn't make a big deal about it. It just goes to show the left wing media bias.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Or maybe because he's a nobody compared to Powell. :dunno:

I mean, how many out there will think they've really missed a big news after reading this thread and just finding out that someone named Coale endorsed McCain?

9. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Colin Powell's endorsement it pretty big news. Former Defense Secretary of the Bush administration and well respected war hero.

Pro2a John Coale quite frankly is lesser known and his endorsement is not as significant. He was a Hillary supporter not an Obama supporter and wasn't part of the cabinet, wasn't a war hero, nor a former supporter of the Bush's policies.

The people that argue that the media is left-wing fail to realize the media reports what is popular and can swing both ways...It's a pretty falicious argument used by a lot of conservatives...

Bananas and Jeanie like this.
  10. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

He is well respected in the UK. He is seen very much as a level headed and moderate influence in what was otherwise a very neoconservative government. Excuse the expression but he bought a little sanity to the mad-house. The lack of evidence for an invasion of Iraq is obviously a sore point but most of the blame for this has shifted toward Bush, the intelligence serice and the general administration rather than Powell for citing it but lets not go as far as saying he is whiter than white.

Other than the (unoffical) endorsements by Brown and Sarkozy, Powells endorsement has been the most noted over here. (oh!! you can add JK Rowling and Madonna to that list!:shifteyes:)