• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Colin Kaepernick to be face of new Nike ad campaign

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Maybe. That has happened, although it didn't happen to Dick's Sporting Goods. Their sales are still plummeting.
Yeah I guess I should look from other peoples perspective and not my own

I just don't give two shits about Kaepernick or anything he does. Or what Nike does. Or the NFL. Or any of this standing or sitting during the anthem stuff.

What he does or doesn't do doesn't affect me in any way. I almost wish I was as passionate as other people about stuff but shit man, who gives a crap lol

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Yeah I guess I should look from other peoples perspective and not my own

I just don't give two shits about Kaepernick or anything he does. Or what Nike does. Or the NFL. Or any of this standing or sitting during the anthem stuff.

What he does or doesn't do doesn't affect me in any way. I almost wish I was as passionate as other people about stuff but shit man, who gives a crap lol
I hear ya. Some of it I don't give a shit about, some I do. The kneeling during the anthem bothers me, it shows a lack of character, but not enough to stop watching football. Kap is nothing but a pos coward, but if Nike wants to make him the face of their new campaign, whatever. Doesn't bother me much.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I don't think the slogan works. "Even if it cost you everything". Do people really think that about Kap? Idk. Some people like him for taking a stand on something and that's fine. It's just that it others are kneeling and still playing so it must be that he's not an elite athlete. Same goes for Tim Tebow, right?

If Nike wanted to use that slogan to honor past athletes like Jackie Robinson or Mohammed Ali or a non athlete like Malala Yousafzai that would actually make sense.

In today's world though I'm probably overthinking this.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
3ifbhuybu5k11.jpgOr Thanos. I can't look at that stupid slogan without thinking - isn't that what Thanos said before he killed off half the population?

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I don't think the slogan works. "Even if it cost you everything". Do people really think that about Kap? Idk. Some people like him for taking a stand on something and that's fine. It's just that it others are kneeling and still playing so it must be that he's not an elite athlete. Same goes for Tim Tebow, right?

If Nike wanted to use that slogan to honor past athletes like Jackie Robinson or Mohammed Ali or a non athlete like Malala Yousafzai that would actually make sense.

In today's world though I'm probably overthinking this.
Exactly, he didn't sacrifice shit, and doesn't stand for shit. Nike is paying him more than he would make in the NFL as a backup QB. He says he's against oppression, yet wears a Castro t-shirt and is now the face of an ad campaign for a company the left complains uses slave labor to make their shoes. He's a "hero" to many of these people because they are stupid.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hear ya. Some of it I don't give a shit about, some I do. The kneeling during the anthem bothers me, it shows a lack of character, but not enough to stop watching football. Kap is nothing but a pos coward, but if Nike wants to make him the face of their new campaign, whatever. Doesn't bother me much.
Yeah I think that's my overall feel too. I wish he wouldn't do it and I wish some of these guys would find other ways to protest but I don't lose sleep over it. I mean, a guy I went to high school and college with died in Afghanistan in 2008. My cousin's husband was in the air force. I am pro military, I don't agree with the way he's protesting. But man, I'm not burning my shoes over it haha

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Yeah I think that's my overall feel too. I wish he wouldn't do it and I wish some of these guys would find other ways to protest but I don't lose sleep over it. I mean, a guy I went to high school and college with died in Afghanistan in 2008. My cousin's husband was in the air force. I am pro military, I don't agree with the way he's protesting. But man, I'm not burning my shoes over it haha
Exactly. My dad was in the Navy, all my uncles served, some of my cousins, and my daughter is in the Navy. I planned on enlisting right after college and going to OCS, but kept putting it off year after year for one reason or another. Not enlisting is the biggest regret of my life, I am very pro military, but I'm not burning shoes over it either.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
The worst part is everything has to be political and contraversal. I refuse to buy in. It's not going to change my thoughts up or down on Nike.

Impaired

Registered Member
Nike must be laughing at all the people destroying goods they already paid for while their stock goes up.