Coldest and warmest rooms

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
One thing I have noticed living in various places that there is always that one room in your house that is always ice cold, and one that is nice and toasty. They generally are reverse in the opposite season.

Like in the winter, the warmest rooms in our house are the upstairs bathroom and my daughters room. The coldest is the downstairs bathroom.

What is it for you guys?

wooly

I am the woolrus
The warmest is my sister's room, or the 'guest room' since she's moved out i guess. Most likely because it's the smallest. The coldest would be my room. Probably because it's pretty big and there's a hole at a window that lets in quite the nasty cold breeze. Wakes you up in the morning though!

Blueyes

Registered Member
The cold rooms for me are always the entire downstairs and the warmest all the upstairs with the computer room being warmer than the other two which necessitates me putting a small floor fan in front of my box just to be safe because it sits in a cubby in my desk which begs the question of why I don't just take it out but I'm too lazy. This is an easy solution.

wolfheart

Registered Member
In the winter the living room is always the coldest and the bathroom is the warmest simply because its next to the water boiler.
During summer the living room becomes a furnace because the sun hits it almost all day and the kitchen becomes the coolest,the kids room always stays a nice temp all year round.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The basement is always the coldest part of the house, no matter what the weather is like.

I'd say the warmest room is the living room because we have a gas stove in there and it's always on in the winter time.

ancredelamour

Registered Member
i would say that my main bathroom is the coldest and my bedroom is the warmest.
at my moms house their bathroom doesnt have a heater, neither do their bedrooms!

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
That's called physics pro. :lol:

Hot air rises, cold air falls.
Well I know that jack ass :lol: My room generally is cold upstairs even with the heat on while our "office" downstairs is warm.

I think it all has to do with heater placement in my house.