Cold Weather Foods

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by ysabel, Nov 10, 2008.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

The cold season has arrived (at least for us living in the Northern Hemisphere). Which foods and beverages do you like to have during cold weather periods? Hot foods or are you type who could crave ice cream on a snowy day?

I usually look for hot soup, stew, hot chocolate drink, or spicy foods. However, I'd still put ice cubes on my other drinks because I like chewing on them. :)

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I don't really co-ordinate food and drink with the outside temperature but you can't beat a hot chocolate on a freezing cold day!
    I suppose spicy foods aren't as good when its boiling hot outside...
    Not one for craving ice cream in winter :)

3. RATTIE

RATTIE Registered Member

Home made soup is just THE business! :nod:

4. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

My mum makes a wicked beef stew,which i get a batch of as i can never get it the same as hers.
    That warms you up after being out in the cold all day,i dont really change drinks,just stick with coffee,although there is a place i go past that does the best hot chocolate.

5. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

Definitely soup or stew and hot chocolate. I actually have no problems eating ice cream in the winter, I'm almost more apt to eat it in the winter as a popsicle seems much more refreshing on a super hot summer day. Also, a fresh loaf of bread that just came out of the oven or a hot cinnamon roll.

6. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

The only thing I'll equate with cold weather is chili. I don't make it any other time.

7. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

I usually crave warm foods and drinks when it's cold out. I love sipping on hot chocolate or hot apple cider in the winter. As far as foods go, chili and soup are two tummy warming foods that I love. I also tend to make more baked goods, like muffins, bread, and cookies.

8. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

In the winter all I want is hot foods. Don't care too much what it is as long as it it hot.

I usually go for chili, beef stew things of that nature but let's not count out the merits of a french dip on a cold winters day, but the again a Philly cheese steak warms the body as well as fills the tummy on a cold winters day too.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  9. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

Man, now I want a Philly cheese steak sandwich :drool:.

10. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

I'll eat anything I usually eat, no matter the weather/temperature, however, if it's really cold, I'll usually give my Son his cereal with hot milk.

If I'm working outside, [in the cold] I do like a flask of hot tea.