Cold showers

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Anybody else here enjoy taking cold showers? I've kind of gotten hooked on them recently.

What I do is start the shower with warm/hot water, wash my hair and body and everything, and then gradually make the water colder until it's uncomfortably cold, then I go even colder and stand there for about a minute or as long as I can tolerate before turning the water off.

It's not so much the cold water that feels good, it's the feeling after getting out of the shower and drying off. It's hard to explain what it's like, so I recommend everyone try it.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I don't really like cold showers.. But I always do a blast of cold water at the end of my shower because it helps make your hair shiny. That or if it is winter and my bathroom is really cold I will stand in cold water so when I get out of my shower my bathroom feels warm. I hate getting out of the shower and then freezing.

Blueyes

Registered Member
That's when you just shut the door and it doesn't feel cold, at least to me and you could go even further by putting on the overhead heat fan thing.

I don't like cold showers not even when its 100 degrees in here when I had no A/C.

LadyPinky

scientia potestas est
I enjoy cold showers in the summer to cool off. Warm to start to wash my hair and such.But in the winter nothing beats a nice hot shower.

I tried the cold shower, it was...ok. I think it would be more fun to share it with someone. A little body warmth goes a long way.:)

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
cold showers just for fun? really?

I used to take cold showers all the time, I hated them so much, I can't stand going from warm to cold quickly, I hate jumping into pools too but once I'm in I'm fine I guess. The only reason that I took cold showers was because of muscle soreness from wrestling especially near the end of the season when it got intense, occasionally I'd take an ice bath too, those were better I don't know why.

orangelightning

Registered Member
I've been getting used to them lately, but that is just because the timer on my hot water heater is a bit loopy. I just make sure to do it right after doing some kind of physical activity.

It sure saves on the electric bill though.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I used to do that when I was young. When I forget to shower before sleeping and have to do it early in the morning (there's school or work). I'd take a cold shower to wake me up faster but I can't do it silently. Now I don't do it anymore, I enjoy my warm showers unless there's a heatwave going on.