Cold pasta salad?

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Nixola, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

One thing that I just don't like and don't understand to be honest is cold pasta salad. I can't think of why you would want to eat cold pasta.... it's supposed to be hot... :confused: I guess it's just one thing I can't get my head round. It's something that I have come across recently so I was wondering what everyone else thinks..

Do you like cold pasta salad or other cold pasta recipes? Thoughts?

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

One of my favourite dishes is pasta salad with tuna. It tastes nice hot or cold. I think pasta is definitely a food that can be enjoyed warm or cold - it just depends what you have with it.

3. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

I really love cold pasta salads. One of my signature dishes is a shrimp pasta salad, and mmmmmm it is soooo good. One thing that I really enjoy about pot luck type situations is getting to sample all of the various kinds of pasta salads that people bring. Some are definitely better than others, but overall, I like them quite a bit. I quess I just love pasta in all of its forms, whether it's served hot with sauce, or cold in a salad.

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

oh man we do this "Summer Salad" thing with Rotini and it is just awesome. A nice lemon/garlic dressing over the top with some fresh diced veges and of course the cold rotini...

I'd definitely say that its one of my top debate points in favor of Cold Pasta! Ours kinda looks like this, I'm not a fan of the Artichoke Hearts though... so scratch that and it looks pretty close to ours:

[​IMG]

5. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

For me, it depends what sauce is on the pasta. If it's a tomato based sauce, or something similar, it has to be hot. But cream based sauces are good cold too.

6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

This. I like pasta cold, I probably eat it like that at least once a week.

7. ArchiDe

ArchiDe Registered Member

Actuallt i haven't triied it before .. however it sound DELICIOUS mmmmmmmm

8. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I love cold pasta salad. Unless there's olives in it. Can't STAND olives.

I generally love any kind of cold italian food really. Pasta, pizza, lasagne... I think it all tasted better after it's gone cold!

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I dont mind it, it's not something I would purchase at a restaurant or the grocery store. But if I go to a picnic and it's there on the table, I'll have a bit of it, if I like it, then I usually take more.

10. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't really care for it, but then again, I don't really care for pasta in general.