• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Colbert will take Letterman's place

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Stephen Colbert will take over for David Letterman when the host of the Late Show retires next year, CBS announced on Thursday.

CBS announces that Stephen Colbert will succeed David Letterman as ‘Late Show’ host | The Raw Story
The Late Show will get more interesting with Stephen Colbert as host, he has signed a 5 year contract with CBS. I might even have to stay up to watch it and I predict the ratings will go up.

What do you think about Colbert taking Letterman's place?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The old people in America have to be so pissed right now haha

A lady next to me at work wasn't happy to hear this...nor was another older guy next to me.

Suckers...I am stoked

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think its a big improvement. Letterman would put me to sleep.

I bet not all older people will be against this.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Maybe I just don't have much of a sense of humor, although I do admit I have very juvenile humor, for example I find movies like Nacho Libre hilarious, but I don't like late night shows at all. Like Eph I hate the format to begin with, dumb jokes, a sidekick, a band, and guests, it's all so dumb and not funny to me. Likewise I don't find Stewart or Colbert funny at all, in fact I find them incredibly lame. When I see Colbert I keep waiting to laugh because people tell me he's funny. It never happens. I probably wouldn't have seen the show no matter who replaced Letterman so it really doesn't matter. What I do know is now I know I will never watch it because I can safely predict how unfunny and lame the show is going to continue to be.

dDave

V.I.P.
Colbert? Uh, yeah, I'm definitely going to tune into the show and see what he's got.

I've watched Colbert before and to be quite honest I find his show to be very funny. He's got his own sense of humor that he might as well have invented. It's so unique and so over the top that I can't help but laugh. I love his books, they're really great.

And then there's stuff like this...

C-SPAN: Stephen Colbert Opening Statement - YouTube

He should do just fine :)

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I agree with CO. I've never been into late night talk shows. The format is annoying, and I just don't find the humor to be very funny. I'd rather watch Real Time with Bill Maher, to be honest.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'm excited for this change. I love the Colbert Report. This means John Oliver will probably be taking over his slot on Comedy Central. It's a win all around, IMO. I'm curious to see which persona he uses on his night show.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes I'm wondering what this show will be like once he takes over. Will it be anything like the Colbert Report. I can't imagine him being any different.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I agree with CO. I've never been into late night talk shows. The format is annoying, and I just don't find the humor to be very funny. I'd rather watch Real Time with Bill Maher, to be honest.
I would too actually. I watch Maher every now and then, I never watch any late night shows. I'm not a big fan of Maher's comedy but I do laugh at his jokes every now and then. I could only the same for Leno on the few occasions I would watch, and he's gone for now.