Colangelo To Be Named NBA Executive

Discussion in 'NBA' started by andrew_bishop, May 14, 2007.

1. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Toronto Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo will be named NBA executive of the year Monday, according to a team source. Colangelo, who won the award in 2005 as Phoenix Suns GM, completely overhauled a Toronto team that won just 27 games in 2005-06. Colangelo's Raptors - who began the season with nine new players - matched a franchise record with 47 wins and earned their first playoff berth in five years. Last off-season, Colangelo signed two-time Euroleague MVP Anthony Parker and Spanish forward Jorge Garbajosa to free-agent deals and traded for guard T.J. Ford, centre Rasho Nesterovic and forward Kris Humphries. He also made seven-foot Italian forward Andrea Bargnani the first European to go first overall in the draft. Bargnani, whom many expected to struggle in adapting to the NBA, finished second in rookie of the year voting with averages of 11.6 points and 3.9 rebounds. Colangelo also dealt seldom-used guard Fred Jones, another summer acquistion, to Portland for Juan Dixon, whose shooting made him an asset in the stretch run. Raptors head coach Sam Mitchell was named coach of the year last month.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Colangelo did win the award, and he was the easiest choice to make to win the award, the Raptors won 20 more games then they did last season, and he's was the main reason for that, he got rid of bad players and brought in good players that have been playing in Europe, the future looks bright for them, and hopefully he can add maybe one more player to bring them over the top. Congratulations Brian.

3. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

He had a great year and I think if he can work out the older players that the team does not need and bring in one or two more guys that can help out the team more then I think the Raps can have a better finish to the year then this past year. But to take nothing away from them , They had a great season and Brian deserved the award for sure.