• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

coins and stamps

kknight0506

Registered Member
does anyone collect coins and stamps out here. i have a good collection of coins and stamps which i collected through friends, online sites etc?

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
My 10 year old daughter likes to keep any interesting coins she comes across, so I thought I'd try to find her a kids collecting book for Christmas.

sbarber77

Registered Member
I have a coin collection but have not looked at it in years now. My grandfather gave my sister and I some coins and bills he had collected during World War II. I then started doing a little collecting on my own. It is fun to look for a particular coin and see if you can get it for a good price when you find what you are looking for.

Penguin

Registered Member
About the only coins I collect are some of the State Quarters, and really old stuff I've come across. I also have a few gold dollars and a few Susan B. Anthony dollars.

mamab

Registered Member
We have some coins, not anything much, just some foreign coins, state quarters, bicentennial coins, and a couple of Sacajewea dollars. Oh, I did get a Mercury dime in change the other day. It's worth about $4-$6, so I guess I'll hold onto it for a while longer.

My husband's grandfather used to buy the real collector coins, but I think they got "liquidated" when he passed away. :shake:

kknight0506

Registered Member
so any of you guys use this hobby of yours to make some money?

mamab

Registered Member
Right now, we're just collecting as a hobby. However, if we came across a coin in change that was worth a good bit, I'd sell it in a heartbeat.

Like I said, we don't have very many coins. Just things we've saved along the way.