• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Coincidence 2.0

DutchDragon

Registered Member
Hi I'm from the Netherlands. I like to share an amazing story about an amazing coincidence, me and my friend had a few years ago.

In september 2008 I went on a vacation to the United States with four people, friends and family of mine. Our good friend Vincent planned a tour with a recreational vehicle, we hired for a month, through five states of the westside of America. So basically every day we were somewhere else. Wheter it was in Colorado or in Nevada, in the mountains or in the desert. Every evening we ate our barbecue dinner in a different setting. Truly a vacation of my life, as you can imagine.

But I'll get to the point.

One evening, we were finishing another great road trip for the day, arriving on a campground somewhere in Arizona. Since it's 2,5 years ago and we were somewhere else practically everyday, I can't remember the exact location.
We found out there was an information centre with a laundry room. As we had plenty of laundry, Vincent and I decided to went there, it was about a 20 minutes walk. When we arrived and put our laundry in the washing machine, we went to visit the information centre's shop to kill some time.
After that, we went back to the laundry centre to check on our laundry. We found out we still had 10 minutes to wait, so Vincent grabbed an old newspaper somebody left behind to read. The last few minutes we waited outside, sitting on a bench.

And then it happened.

A man on a bicycle arrived at the information centre. Vincent noticed him and said to me “I know this guy!” Of course I said to Vincent “Yeah right!”. Then Vincent said “you don't believe me?” and shouts “Hey Mark!”at the man on the bicycle. Suddenly, this man turns around and started to wave, with a little suprise on his face, and said “Hi!”. And he approaches us. I thought :-o. Vincent knows him?! Could there be more of a coincidence? The answer is yes. Much more.

Mark walked to us and we all greet while I re-attaching my jaw to my face. Then the bizarre part. Vincent shows a newspaper article to Mark and me. On this article we saw Mark on a bicycle in pennsylvania, starting an east-to-west tour on a bicycle through America. So he decided to cycle from eastside to the westside of America, took his daily break at the information centre at a campground in Arizona. In the mean time, we were on vacation driving everyday, from location to location, in a vast five states area of America. Only to arrive at the exact location and time, where Mark is going to taking a brake. But what makes it such an unbelievable coincidence is that Vincent saw Mark with his story in a old newspaper, just before he arrived and recognize him. Yep. :-o 2.0.

I think even the chance of winning all the lotery's in the world is way more likely then this.Yet it did happened, it is a TRUE strory. Though I can imagine its hard to believe. Heck, I know it's true but even I'm still flabbergasted about it when I think of it. That's the reason I put this story online. To share it with you. No agenda, no meaning. Just a hell of a coincidence, BIG TIME.

Thanks for reading!

DutchDragon

Registered Member
Remember, If Vincent and I arrived just 5 minutes earlier at the information centre, none of this would have happened.

Dekzper

Registered Member
That's an amazing story! :nod: I read it yesterday but I've been slammed with homework and didn't have time to comment. I've never heard of something that incredible happening. When we travel, I always miss people even when I plan to see them. If somebody used that in a book, people would say it could never really happen. I guess what they say is really true. Truth IS stranger than fiction.

DutchDragon

Registered Member
That's an amazing story! :nod: I read it yesterday but I've been slammed with homework and didn't have time to comment. I've never heard of something that incredible happening. When we travel, I always miss people even when I plan to see them. If somebody used that in a book, people would say it could never really happen. I guess what they say is really true. Truth IS stranger than fiction.

Thanks for your feedback! I am a none-believer pur sang, but this made me think. And yes, truth is definately stranger then fiction.

MaaB

Registered Member
It is good story.
All these coincidences in one story!really, it is unbelivable story.

Metoria

Registered Member
Some how the song "Its a small world after all" is playing in my head!

:D that really is a crazy coincidence! That's a pretty epic story! :3 I'd probably just as surprised at you were!

That's really something! :3 I'm glad you shared that!

DutchDragon

Registered Member
@ MaaB and Metoria

Yeah it really is crazy and unbelievable, its not just a 'mere' coincidence. Can't calculate the odds on this one. :)