Coffee drinkers!

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by pro2A, May 15, 2010.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

The best coffee is freshly ground. I don't think I will ever go back to power in a can. Next time you are in a store, buy the whole beans then grind them up. It tastes 110% better that way :)

You get all the flavor in the bean that is otherwise lost in the manufacturing process.

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

for sure. I've been doing that for years, I really can't bear the pre-ground stuff. Coffee grinders are really not expensive at all, either.

That reminds me, I've been meaning to add "coffee snob" to the "what are you a snob about" thread.

pro2A likes this.
  3. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

If we drunk ground coffee a lot, I could justify buying a grinder for that. As it is, we mostly drink Kenco instant coffee.

Shame too, I prefer ground coffee.

4. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm too scared to even try this. I do instant becaue it's, well, instant. If I get hooked on freshly ground, that would be a lot more effort to go through a day, considering I drink more than 8 cups of coffee a day.

I am certain it does taste a million times better though. Should I? Shouldn't I?

5. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

At work, I usually just deal with the community pot. At home though, I go all out. I have a grinder now, and a bag of beans. It's far better, and can basically stay fresh indefinitely (until you grind it). Even before I go into work in the morning, I make at least a mug full of coffee. So it wouldn't be that bad if you don't mind drinking the old stuff now and then.

6. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Ground coffee is perfect!
    We used to use the coffee-grinders a lot, over here. But not anymore because we THINK we don't have time for that.

7. idisrsly

I should get a grinder then, I think. I suppose I could even take beans and the grinder to work as well to make it there. So maybe just more preparation in the mornings.

I think think where to buy a grinder or fresh beans though? I will look for them and let you know my verdict!

8. Nevyrmoore

If you have a blender, you can possibly use that instead.

I'm serious about that, if done right, it apparently works just as well as a grinder.

9. idisrsly

I do actually have a blender, but the idea of doing it that way somehow scares me. Have you tried this yourself before Storm??

10. Nevyrmoore

No, I don't have a blender. I just know that if done right, it works.