Cody Rhodes

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Unity, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I've become a big fan of Rhodes' since he turned on Holly - not that he was bad before, but since turning heel he's really come into his own, IMO. He's great as a part of Legacy, and I really hope to see him and DiBiase get the tag team gold ASAP (perhaps they'll continue their feud with Cryme Tyme at WM25?).

I'm also loving Rhodes' new finisher. Tonight King and Cole pointed out that it is called "The CrossRhodes" (I'm taking a guess on the spelling, lol). For those who haven't seen it, it's a snap/spinning neckbreaker with a fierce impact. It's been used here and there, but Rhodes is doing it well. He did a decent DDT, but this is much more buyable as a finisher in modern wrestling.

I think he has a bright future with the WWE, and I can already picture him eventually holding the IC title. Then again, I could say all of the same things for DiBiase. They're priceless.

Thoughts?

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

To hit on the finisher first. Even though its the same move both Carlito and Mike Knox use I'll give him a pass since its better then the DDT. And I do love the name of it. Anywho...

I see Cody Rhodes in the same league as Ted DiBiase although he may be a little undersized. Of course that never stopped Chris Jericho so who knows what'll happen.

I think Cody has been 10 times better as a heel and that's the case with a lot of performers it seems. I hope the Legacy deal puts him and Teddy on the map like it did Batista and Orton. I believe he has the skills to be a superstar.

3. Unity

I don't know about Carlito but Knox's move is a different variation than Rhodes'. And Carlito mainly uses the Backstabber, right?

4. Millz

Hmm I thought Knox did the same thing...I cant picture what his is right now.

Carlito does but I've seen him use that move a lot too. Doesn't matter though.

5. Unity

What do you think Rhodes and Dibiase will end up doing at WM? A tag match? MITB, perhaps? I hadn't considered them for that.

6. Millz

I was hoping for a 4 corners tag match or something to that affect with mizmo, cryme tyme and someone else.

or maybe those three although i want miz and morrison in the MITB match. So who knows.

7. Unity

Mizmo?! HAHAHA. I love it.

I've been picturing Mizmo losing their belts to Cryme Tyme or DiBiase/Rhodes and the latter two teams feuding for the gold at WM25. If Mizmo are going to be in MITB, they don't need the gold anymore. Thoughts?

8. Millz

The only problem is that the wwe doesn't give a crap about the tag belts soooo it's very hard to say.

They could do cross promotion with Smackdown or something and unite the titles but that's just a dream i have.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Cody Rhodes is arguably one of the most improved wrestlers in the last year, I believe only one wrestler has improved more and that's The Miz. Rhodes as potentional to become something in the business. But I see a brighter future for DiBiase. As of right now I don't believe Rhodes will win many World Championships, maybe not even one. But my opinion might change.