• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Coconut tasting pineapple

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Australian researchers are working on a new breed of pineapple — one that is not only sweet and juicy but which has the added tropical taste of coconut.

In what is thought to be a world first, the Department of Agriculture in Queensland state is in the final stages of developing the new variety of the fruit, to be known as the AusFestival pineapple.

Australian scientists develop coconut-tasting pineapple

I'm not really sure if I would like this. Which it is something that isn't going to be available for years. I like the taste of pineapple and I also like the taste of coconut but I don't know if I would like my pineapple tasting like coconut. What about you?

dDave

V.I.P.
I'd rather stick withe the classic mix of the two flavors.

Honestly, I don't get why it's important to have these mixed in one fruit.

I don't think they could get it just right, I'd be shocked if they were able to. The thing is that Pineapple and Coconut are two very different types of fruit (is coconut a fruit?), I don't see how you could get just the right taste of coconut without also getting some of the qualities or texture of coconut (which I hate).

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Boy are their faces going to be red when they find out coconuts exist already. And they taste a bit like coconut too.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Coconut tasting pineapple would sure mess up the flavor of sweet and sour chicken. I could understand if they were wanting to make a better tasting pineapple but to make it taste all together differently I don't think will fly. I will be fine with this as long as it doesn't replace the natural tasting pineapples.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
coconut + pineapple ... it makes me think of pinacolada :lol:

That fruit will be great for that cocktail. Just one fruit instead of two. Other than that I don't see any reason why a new breed of fruit should be made to mix the two flavors.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sunrise Bathroom Wall 2
Boredie Food & Beverage 3