Coachman to ESPN

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, May 5, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Mike Johnson of the Professional Wrestling Insider website is reporting that Jonathan Coachman has been hired as an anchor by ESPN. Coachman has been working as a broadcaster for the MSG Network and on CBS college Sports broadcasts as of late. According to Johnson, Coachman will be finishing up his responsibilities with WWE soon if he has not already.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow this is surprising news. I personally think he's going to do a great job. I always thought he was a good announcer for the WWE and I believe he's going to do a good job as a sports anchor for ESPN. Congratulations Coach.

3. Millz

I gotta chance to hear the Coach call a Billiken's basketball game and he was pretty good. 100 times better than anything he's done in wrestling, that's for sure.

4. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

na na na na...na na na na...HEY HEY HEY...Gooooooooodbyeeeeeee

5. TGO47

TGO47 New Member

I like Coachman, I really do, but there's something about him that just doesn't do well on commentary. I don't know if it's his voice, his delivery, his knowledge (or possible lack thereof) of the business, or a combination of all those, and maybe more, things. He wasn't bad at all as the Executive Assistant, but not good enough to remain in that position for any tremendously extended amount of time. He pales in comparison to the awesomeness we are seeing from William Regal. So, while I hate it for Coach, he may just need to leave if he wants to be utilized properly in his profession.

Kratzenkov16 likes this.
  6. Kratzenkov16

This is perfectly stated, verry nice. By the way Espn denies Coachman has officially signed on with the company.

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Not just ESPN, but Jim Ross has said that he's not with ESPN or anything like that.

8. Kratzenkov16

oh he did? in his blog or something? ill always believe good ole JR

9. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Hmm.. if it's true then good for him. I thought he would go back to RAW and have a new gimmick in a few months.

10. Millz

Yeah JR said the same thing. I actually liked him in his assistant role to McMahon on Raw...he was good then. But as an announcer he has no business being there.

I hope he stays and has the assistant's role somewhere again because that's where he shines.