Coach any sport

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
If you could be the head coach in any sport, regardless of how much you currently know about it, which sport would you choose?

I have to say football. Even though it's probably the most demanding sport in the world to coach, I've always loved all the strategy and complexity that goes into gameplanning and calling plays.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
For me it's between Baseball and Basketball. I think a Basketball coach is arguably the hardest to coach out of any sport.

But I think Baseball would be my number one choice.

padd

Registered Member
Hockey, though it's not as complex as football it's one of the toughest sport to coach. Juggling lines, chemistry, deciding which players to take off and put in every minute.. to coach it you gotta be able to make very fast decisions.. faster than most other sports.

@Babe: how can you say basketball is the hardest sport to coach.. I think it is football. I mean, in football it's the coach who has to memorize all those strategies and be able to allign players perfectly organized.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I think a Basketball coach is arguably the hardest to coach out of any sport.
What makes you think that? I think it's probably one of the easier sports to coach, especially at the NBA level.

What makes you think that? I think it's probably one of the easier sports to coach, especially at the NBA level.
If you are talking about NBA, NHL, NFL or anything even similar...easy is not the word you can use. If there is a team of worlds best players, what usually happens to that kind of people after they realize it them self? They get proud. Making that kind of people to do something what you want is far from easy.

I'd probably have to say basketball. The game it self is not so thrilling, but the tactics, techniques, way to coach...just sooo tempting.