TV Co-Stars Dating

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Konshentz, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

What do you think of co-stars dating? Good idea or bad idea? Would you do it in that situation? I think it is a lot different than actors meeting and dating while on the set of a movie.

Adam Brody (Seth) and Rachel Bilson (Summer) of The O.C. dated from season 1-3 and then broke up before the fourth and final season of the show.

It got me thinking about this, since they were still playing the main couple and had TONS of scenes together - how hard that must've been? And I think you can notice. I think Brody and Bilson are good actors, but how do you hide something like that?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't think it's such a big deal, especially since shows don't last as long as they used to anymore(well most of them don't)

If it's not a hard break up then I don't think they have much of a problem with it when their on set together, but if it is then it's interesting to see how their still able to work with each other.

But all in all, I don't believe it's a big issue.

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

What about a bad break-up and you play a loving couple on TV? there is no way I could be "professional" and act like nothing was wrong. Maybe they're stronger people than I am. Or every Hollywood couple is just a fake. Haha.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

You have to remember that these actors are making tons of money for playing these roles, and they don't want to lose future acting jobs for refusing to do scenes just because they use to go out with one of the co-stars and now their broken up.

Trust me, if you had that type of pay cheque, you would probably wouldn't have the same opinion on the issue.

5. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

It would soften my opinion a little, but not a whole lot. My emotions can't be bought, or paid off. Hahaha.

But you're right, I am sure they don't want to lose future jobs and such.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

If they are really good actors then maybe even if they break up they can still work together. It does make seeing them together (if they're also involved in the show) add a bit of chemistry to it.