• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Co-Buying

mamab

Registered Member
I was doing some research and came across something that people in the UK apparently do. They purchase duplexes or something similar with a friend or a complete stranger. That seems a little risky to me. Do we have anything similar in the States? Would you ever consider co-buying a piece of property with someone you didn't know?

hemisync

Registered Member
I'm not sure if we do that in the states or not. It sounds convienient but really risky at the same time. I think if you were to do something like that with friends it could be worked out in a way.

Years back my mum and stepfather lived in a duplex, the owner decided to sell and offered both sides of the duplex a chance to buy just their side I don't see why that wouldn't work - it would be less risky as well as both sides would have seperate loans.

Melos

Registered Member
Well, I'm sure there would be seperate contracts and all. I mean, how does buying 1/2 of a duplex differ from someone buying a townhome or a condo? That happens all the time.