• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

CNBC Story On Extraordinary Conflict of Interest

Rapier

V.I.P.
I am amazed that CNBC broke from the main stream media's blanket silence on this case.

Extraordinary Conflict of Interest: Bush Cousin Presides Over Federal Court Case Against Former Bush Administration Officials

Published: Thursday, 7 Apr 2011 | 7:30 AM ET

Text Size

NEW YORK, April 7, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Confounding lawyers and legal scholars all over the world, Judge John Walker, first cousin of former President George W. Bush, was one of three judges of the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals to hear argument Tuesday in Gallop v. Cheney, Rumsfeld and Myers.
Judge Cabranes gave no sign of being familiar with the allegations in the Complaint concerning conflicts about the flight path of AA 77 (which allegedly hit the Pentagon) between the National Transportation Safety Board and the 9/11 Commission. Nor did he show any sign of being aware of the scrubbing of the radar tracks in the area at the time of the attacks, nor of the counter-intuitive strategy of the suicidal hijacker who chose not to kill 20,000 occupants of the Pentagon, including Secretary Rumsfeld, by flying into the roof of the Pentagon.
Instead this novice pilot allegedly executed a spiraling descent, beyond the capacity of the plane and certainly the capability of the pilot, to accomplish an incredible horizontal ground level entry into a sparsely occupied and recently reinforced section of the building, causing 125 deaths.
I attended New Haven appeal hearing.

One of the judges asked the defense attorney, more than once, if she wanted to request sanctions. She said no. You know why she said no? Because sanctions would force the MSM to report on the court's bias against Ms. Gallop and the public would become aware of what Ms. Gallop said happened.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Yeah, I don't see how leveling sanctions would do this. There may or may not have been a conflict of interest but I think you're really grasping at straws with the sanctions issue.