cnbc million dollar contest

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by MenInTights, May 9, 2008.

1. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

CNBC.com's Portfolio Challenge: Fantasy Stock Trading Contest

I do this every year. Its a contest from cnbc where you get 1M in play money and the winner of the contest takes home a real million. It only takes a few minutes to sign up and then a few minutes to get your portfolio going. If you want to play, you have to sign up this weekend. Would love to battle some GF's.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I actually almost did this last year. How long does it last and don't you have to grow your fake $1M to the most out of everybody in order to win?

Seems like the odds of cashing out are pretty slim. :(

3. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I think its 4 weeks, with prizes every week. The odds of winning are slim, but the real prize is beating your friends.

Even at slim odds though, a few hits and you could be in the running. The game plan is to go with 1 or 2 stocks that you think might hit. So, say you have a stock that you know has an FDA approvable letter coming out and you score big on it and the was able to immediately invest in something else that gets hot. It really only takes a few minutes to screen some stocks that might get hot and then hope for the best.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well I know I could do well if I devoted several hours a day to it.

I'm a risky investor so I'd either go big or go broke basically. Is it one trade per week or can you do unlimited trades?

I'd daytrade that contest if it lets me.

5. lifehell

lifehell Registered Member

I don't have any type of idea about it so I will only suggest u to step accordingly
    ------
    Apply for Credit Card

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008