CM Punk out with arm surgery

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Source: PWinsider.com
Word going around at Tuesday night's SmackDown tapings tonight is that CM Punk had surgery on his arm last week.

Apparently Punk may be out of action for 4-8 weeks from the surgery. It's been known that he's been working hurt for at least a few weeks.
Punk will appear on Friday's Smackdown with a sling on his arm.

No word on whether he'll be off television during his recovery time.
Sucks that he'll miss a little time...hopefully it means he's still on TV and will be back in time for Summerslam.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's a shame we won't see him in the ring for a while. I wonder if he got injured during the NXT attack?

But he's so good on the microphone that I'll doubt we'll see him off television. At least his feud with Rey is at it's tail end.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
Yeah I'm really bummed b/c he's one of the best things going, but I can see this being a good opportunity for the SES itself.

Punk continues as mouthpiece, and the rest of the members get a chance to do the muscle work more often. More matches, prestige, etc. Time to unmask Joey and maybe expand??? :)

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Word is he and McIntyre were both supposed to be in the Smackdown MITB match but neither can now because of this injury and Drew being stuck in Scotland. I accidentally saw who was in the match and they only announced 6 people.

Hopefully Punk gets back soon! And yeah, keep him on TV. Just have him preach all the time.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
Maybe free MITB spots will give people a chance to shine that wouldn't have gotten it otherwise...well that's kind of a stupid statement, but you know what I mean; maybe they will impress and can benefit.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
There are two spots out there and still a couple guys I can think of who they could put in there in those two guys place...

I mean, just being in that match will get people over a legit threats.

Kratzenkov16

Registered Member
awwww this sucks..............cm punk better keep showing up on smackdown...

who else to add?i dont even know the 6 announced so i cant say haha