CM Punk - Backstage Heat Over... Dress Code?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by wooly, Oct 6, 2009.

1. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Supposedly (just a rumour) there is a lot of backstage heat on CM Punk at the moment, which could have been the reason he lost at Hell In a Cell:

I was shocked when i saw that Taker had won the title. He's on a limited schedule, just back from injury and Punk is the big thing in WWE right now. It didn't make any sense, and neither did having the match as an opener, so maybe this would explain it. But if this is true then it's a pretty ridiculous reason.

And Undertaker vs Batista? Ugh :urp:

2. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Like all rumors, I take this for what it is - talk.

And Wooly, do you really think that would be why he'd lose the title? C'mon.

They probably wouldn't have had Taker lose Hell in a Cell no matter what, in my opinion. I did think Punk was going to continue as champ, but my guess is that it would have taken a lot for them to give him the rub of being one of the few (or is it only?) to beat him in Hell in a Cell.

Who knows, maybe he'll get the title back at the next PPV. I doubt he and Taker are finished feuding, as it's really going well.

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Undertaker in Hell in a Cell

Lost to Shawn Michaels, Badd Blood 2007 (in st louis, woot)

Wrestled to no contest on RAW in 1998...teamed with Stone Cold vs Mankind and Kane

Defeated Mankind, King of the Ring in 1998

Defeated Big Bossman, Wrestlemania 15

Lost in a 6 Pack Challenge for the WWE title which saw Kurt Angle defend successfully over Austin, Rock, HHH, and Rikishi. (And Taker, of course...wasnt pinned)

Lost to Brock Lesnar at No Mercy 2002

Defeated Randy Orton at Armageddon 2005

Lost to Batista at Survivor Series 2007

Defeated Edge at Summerslam 2008

Defeated CM Punk at HIAC 2009

Overall record: 5-4-1 (I love my stats)

But yeah, take the title off him for this? Really? That seems childish even for the WWE. I dont buy it.

4. Unity

Haha thanks for the Stats, Millz. You never cease to amaze, my friend.

Even taking that part off of my statement, I still dont' buy in.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was surprised that Undertaker won the title as well, he won't be wrestling every week on Smackdown, he'll do mostly promo's in my opinion, and I believe we need more from a Champion. But I doubt this is true, it wouldn't make much sense if he lost the title because of those reasons.

6. Unity

If he had dress code issues while champ, they wouldn't just make him lose the title for some kind of stupid punishment. They'd discuss it with him and he'd clearly fix the situation because of his spot.

I think they wanted Taker to become champ, plain and simple.