• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Clubbing and Relationships

Danno

Registered Member
My clubbing days are over, I'm strictly a pub and bar man these days. I am single but even if I weren't it wouldn't change that. I reached a certain age and just thought Yea, this isn't for me anymore.

But do you guys think it's acceptable to be in a relationship and still go out clubbing?

Personally, I don't see why you would want to go out into that environment that mostly consists of single people dressing up, putting on their best "smell-nice" and ultimately looking for sex.

I've seen couples in nightclubs together before. Some of them are quite happy to let their partner go and dance with other people etc. Now, I'm not saying anything has to happen in that situation but it seems a little strange don't you think?

Maybe it's just me, I think once you're in a relationship and committed to another person you should just step away from that kind of scene but what do you guys think?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you are in a relationship I don't think you should be out clubbing. Like you said they are full of single people looking for sex and the temptation to cheat will be high. Why mess up your relationship for a night of fun because it will mess it up, they will often find out what your up to.

I think some people don't care if they mess up their relationship. They probably don't think about it until after they have had their fun or they feel they have a right to do what they want. These types usually only think about themselves and don't care if it hurts their partner. Then sometimes their partner will do the same because they stopped caring what the other one thinks.

Got to be careful of what doors you open in a relationship because your partner might decide to use that door too. If you want loyalty you have to give it.

Last edited:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
How do you define clubbing? Just dancing ? Is stripping included?

It depends on why you go and with who. But I can agree up to some point. Going out clubbing while in a relationship means to look for trouble.
I wouldn't be quite satisfied if my partner went out clubbing WITHOUT me. It wouldn't make sense just like it wouldn't make sense for me to go out without him (I suppose).

Danno

Registered Member
How do you define clubbing? Just dancing ? Is stripping included?
Any form I guess. For me, dancing can easily lead to many other things when you're in a nightclub environment.

Strip clubs should just be a solid no if you're in a relationship.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
My clubbing days are over, I'm strictly a pub and bar man these days. I am single but even if I weren't it wouldn't change that. I reached a certain age and just thought Yea, this isn't for me anymore.
I hear ya' there. I have been done with the club scene for almost 4 or 5 years now. You just naturally grow out of it.

But do you guys think it's acceptable to be in a relationship and still go out clubbing?
Like Elly said, only if you bring you partner.

I've seen couples in nightclubs together before. Some of them are quite happy to let their partner go and dance with other people etc. Now, I'm not saying anything has to happen in that situation but it seems a little strange don't you think?
Maybe that's there thing. I have dated a girl or two once that liked clubbing just because of the blaring music and the environment. Some clubs do give off a great ambiance that I even like. But I prefer a bar, because bars attract mostly older and more mature people, and I wouldn't hold it against my partner if she decided to go to the bar by herself. But clubs are places where single people go mainly.