• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nintendo Club Nintendo Shutting Down

dDave

V.I.P.
It's being replaced with something else but the Club Nintendo program as we know it is on the way out.

To celebrate Nintendo is offering a HUGE selection of games that can be bought with points acquired with the purchase of Wii U, 3DS, and Wii titles.

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do

I've got some points (and have reached Elite Status) so I'm going to be acquiring some games.

I know for sure I want to get Super Metroid for Wii U but I don't know what else to get. Nintendo is having so much traffic right now that I can't even login to check how many points I have :lol:.

Still, if you have a Wii, Wii U, or 3DS then you should register some games and pick up a few of these for free.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The site won't load for me. What the heck is Club Nintendo anyway? :lol:

And what games are available? Is it just whatever was available on VC?

dDave

V.I.P.
They're having site problems today because their final promotion is getting so much attention that the traffic literally crashed the site :lol:

They have a few hundred games available for the aforementioned consoles. All games are digital downloads but not all are virtual console games (virtual console implies older titles).

I think this promotion is available for a few months. It's a huge promotion though. Nintendo sure does know how to put Club Nintendo down with huge amounts of style and flair.

dDave

V.I.P.
I was finally able to log in.

Nintendo should have anticipated that their traffic would increase by 10 times after the announcement. :lol:

I just picked up 2 games though...
-Super Metroid
-NES Remix

Both games are for Wii U.

I figure that since the real Super Metroid for SNES is really expensive that this should be a suitable alternative. I'm not gonna play them immediately but I have secured my copies and can download them whenever I want to before June.